"Jersey Shore" is expanding its reach to the Spanish-speaking set with a new Latin American spinoff, "Acapulco Shore."
The new series, produced by MTV Latin America, follows the same premise as the MTV original: attractive young people partying their brains out at a beautiful beachfront setting. It follows similar international spinoffs from the U.K. ("Geordie Shore"), Poland ("Warsaw Shore"), and Spain ("Gandia Shore").
Maria Iregui, Brand Manager of MTV Latin America, promised that the new series would offer "Drama, friendship and partying - the hallmarks of the MTV franchise are all encapsulated in 'Acapulco Shore.'" The show's Facebook page put it a bit less delicately, declaring, "there will be much sex in Mexico!"
For fans of "Jersey Shore," that should sound about right. American viewers can watch "Acapulco Shore" on MTV's bilingual network, Tr3s, starting in September.
[via: Variety, h/t Uproxx]
- 20 Disney GIFs That Accurately Describe Your Adult Life - POPSUGAR
- Is There Too Much TV to Watch? - Vulture
- The Controversial Tweets About 'American Sniper' - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailer: 'Gone Girl' - ScreenJunkies
- Tarantino Starts Shooting 'Hateful Eight' - ScreenCrush
- This Matthew McConaughey 'Dazed and Confused' Audition Is Amazing - POPSUGAR
- 11 TV Shows From 2014 to Binge Watch Right Now - Rotten Tomatoes
- What's Leaving Netflix in February - POPSUGAR
- A$AP Rocky Heads to the Big Screen - Vulture
- 20 Things About James Bond Movies You Might Not Have Known - ScreenCrush