"Jersey Shore" is expanding its reach to the Spanish-speaking set with a new Latin American spinoff, "Acapulco Shore."
The new series, produced by MTV Latin America, follows the same premise as the MTV original: attractive young people partying their brains out at a beautiful beachfront setting. It follows similar international spinoffs from the U.K. ("Geordie Shore"), Poland ("Warsaw Shore"), and Spain ("Gandia Shore").
Maria Iregui, Brand Manager of MTV Latin America, promised that the new series would offer "Drama, friendship and partying - the hallmarks of the MTV franchise are all encapsulated in 'Acapulco Shore.'" The show's Facebook page put it a bit less delicately, declaring, "there will be much sex in Mexico!"
For fans of "Jersey Shore," that should sound about right. American viewers can watch "Acapulco Shore" on MTV's bilingual network, Tr3s, starting in September.
[via: Variety, h/t Uproxx]
- Bet You Didn't Know All These Actresses Have Famous Dads - POPSUGAR
- Famous People Before They Were Famous - Mom.me
- How to Handle Any Life Situation Like Ari Gold — in GIFs - POPSUGAR
- JENELLE EVANS WANTED BY POLICE FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTACKING NATHAN GRIFFITH - Wonderwall
- THE MOST BIZARRE JOB TITLES ON 'THE BACHELOR' AND 'THE BACHELORETTE' - Mandatory
- 30 New and Returning Shows to Watch This Summer - POPSUGAR
- 11 Celebs Who Married Athletes - Mom.me
- EMILIA CLARKE: I TURNED DOWN FIFTY SHADES OF GREY BECAUSE OF 'AMOUNT OF NUDITY' - Wonderwall
- Before Jurassic World, Revisit Why You Loved Chris Pratt in the First Place - Popsugar
- THE 'TOP GUN' CAST: THEN VS. NOW - Mandatory