Leveraging her newfound "Sharknado" fame while she still can, actress Tara Reid is breaking into the world of celebrity fragrances with a new scent, Shark by Tara.
Perhaps not so surprisingly, the perfume, which undoubtedly takes its naming inspiration from Reid's roles in the Syfy flicks about tornadoes full of sharks, doesn't have any notes of saltwater or fish guts. Instead, Reid's website describes the scent as "a light and refreshing perfume perfect for day-to-day wear" that "incorporates a plethora of 'lavender' colored flowers, which is Tara's favorite color."
There's no mention of "Sharknado" in the perfume's description, but it does say that the scent is "complex," not unlike the plots of the two films in the Syfy series, which feature Reid's character writing a book about sharknadoes, and strapping a saw to her freshly-amputated hand to fight the animals raining down from the sky. And the perfume's claim that it has a "fresh, light, and fun feel" certainly harkens back to the movies' use of C- and D-list celebrities as extras, who crack wise before being struck down by carnivorous sea creatures in shocking yet comical fashion.
If you're in the mood for a scent that offers hints of iced mint, violet, lemon, jasmine, tuberose, muguet, cool blue rose, amber, and musk -- Reid wasn't kidding when she said this thing was complex -- then pick up a bottle of Shark by Tara today.
[via: Tara Reid, h/t The Cut]
- Bet You Didn't Know All These Actresses Have Famous Dads - POPSUGAR
- Famous People Before They Were Famous - Mom.me
- How to Handle Any Life Situation Like Ari Gold — in GIFs - POPSUGAR
- JENELLE EVANS WANTED BY POLICE FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTACKING NATHAN GRIFFITH - Wonderwall
- THE MOST BIZARRE JOB TITLES ON 'THE BACHELOR' AND 'THE BACHELORETTE' - Mandatory
- 30 New and Returning Shows to Watch This Summer - POPSUGAR
- 11 Celebs Who Married Athletes - Mom.me
- EMILIA CLARKE: I TURNED DOWN FIFTY SHADES OF GREY BECAUSE OF 'AMOUNT OF NUDITY' - Wonderwall
- Before Jurassic World, Revisit Why You Loved Chris Pratt in the First Place - Popsugar
- THE 'TOP GUN' CAST: THEN VS. NOW - Mandatory