Leveraging her newfound "Sharknado" fame while she still can, actress Tara Reid is breaking into the world of celebrity fragrances with a new scent, Shark by Tara.
Perhaps not so surprisingly, the perfume, which undoubtedly takes its naming inspiration from Reid's roles in the Syfy flicks about tornadoes full of sharks, doesn't have any notes of saltwater or fish guts. Instead, Reid's website describes the scent as "a light and refreshing perfume perfect for day-to-day wear" that "incorporates a plethora of 'lavender' colored flowers, which is Tara's favorite color."
There's no mention of "Sharknado" in the perfume's description, but it does say that the scent is "complex," not unlike the plots of the two films in the Syfy series, which feature Reid's character writing a book about sharknadoes, and strapping a saw to her freshly-amputated hand to fight the animals raining down from the sky. And the perfume's claim that it has a "fresh, light, and fun feel" certainly harkens back to the movies' use of C- and D-list celebrities as extras, who crack wise before being struck down by carnivorous sea creatures in shocking yet comical fashion.
If you're in the mood for a scent that offers hints of iced mint, violet, lemon, jasmine, tuberose, muguet, cool blue rose, amber, and musk -- Reid wasn't kidding when she said this thing was complex -- then pick up a bottle of Shark by Tara today.
[via: Tara Reid, h/t The Cut]
- 30 Spooky Movie Couples - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ludicrous Villains That Were Terrible Horror Monsters - HitFix
- 'Cabin Fever' Is Going to be Remade - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Fight Club' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- Key and Peele Are Finally Making a Movie - Vulture
- Meet the Freaks of 'American Horror Story' - POPSUGAR
- The 11 Worst Batman Villains - Vulture
- 15 Pop-Culture Costumes That Take Very Little Effort - POPSUGAR
- 15 New Details About 'Interstellar' - Vulture
- Best Horror Movies Ever - Rotten Tomatoes