Leveraging her newfound "Sharknado" fame while she still can, actress Tara Reid is breaking into the world of celebrity fragrances with a new scent, Shark by Tara.
Perhaps not so surprisingly, the perfume, which undoubtedly takes its naming inspiration from Reid's roles in the Syfy flicks about tornadoes full of sharks, doesn't have any notes of saltwater or fish guts. Instead, Reid's website describes the scent as "a light and refreshing perfume perfect for day-to-day wear" that "incorporates a plethora of 'lavender' colored flowers, which is Tara's favorite color."
There's no mention of "Sharknado" in the perfume's description, but it does say that the scent is "complex," not unlike the plots of the two films in the Syfy series, which feature Reid's character writing a book about sharknadoes, and strapping a saw to her freshly-amputated hand to fight the animals raining down from the sky. And the perfume's claim that it has a "fresh, light, and fun feel" certainly harkens back to the movies' use of C- and D-list celebrities as extras, who crack wise before being struck down by carnivorous sea creatures in shocking yet comical fashion.
If you're in the mood for a scent that offers hints of iced mint, violet, lemon, jasmine, tuberose, muguet, cool blue rose, amber, and musk -- Reid wasn't kidding when she said this thing was complex -- then pick up a bottle of Shark by Tara today.
[via: Tara Reid, h/t The Cut]
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!