Never seen the "Harry Potter" films but intimidated by watching eight movies (or, conversely, not really interested in parking yourself in front of a TV for that long)? Never fear, the folks at Mashable are here with a nifty two-minute summary of the entire series.
In the latest installment in the TL;DW (Too Long; Didn't Watch) series, Mashable tackles the movies based on the beloved J.K. Rowling book series, and right off the bat points out that the films could really be boiled down to "how older men grew more and more attracted to Emma Watson," who plays Potter pal Hermione Granger. Villain Voldemort is summed up as "a pale, veiny-faced snake man who wants to kill" Harry, but is really just a "'Scooby-Doo' villain of the week" who can't manage to murder a helpless child, despite repeated attempts.
The clip also takes issue with the revisionist history of Professor Snape, who spends the entire series being a jerk to Harry, only to be hailed as a hero in the end. "He holds a grudge on an 11-year-old because he had a crush on his mom in high school?" the narrator asks incredulously. "You are a grown, adult human being with very high intelligence! Let it go!"
In the end, the clip even one-ups itself in the TL;DW department, offering up a two-sentence description of the video that really nails the crux of the films (and Emma Watson's hotness). We won't spoil it for you here, because if you can't even spare two minutes to get the gist of "Harry Potter," you're probably never going to care about it anyway. Check out the clip below.
- The Best Movie Couples of 2014 - POPSUGAR
- Is This the Greatest Best Actor Class Ever? - HitFix
- Christian Bale Is Our Least Relatable Movie Star - Vulture
- Honest Trailer: 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' - ScreenJunkies
- 10 Moments in 'The Interview' That Would've Upset North Korea - Vulture
- 10 Holiday Movies to Stream on Netflix - POPSUGAR
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Ben Stiller's 10 Best Movies - Rotten Tomatoes
- Here Are the 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Character Names - POPSUGAR
- The Worst Movies of 2014 - ScreenCrush