It seemed inevitable, but now one of the movie's stars has all but confirmed it: Matthew McConaughey most likely won't be back for "Magic Mike XXL."
Citing "that whole Oscar thing," Gabriel Iglesias, who played Tobias in the 2012 original, said that the recent Best Actor winner was just too busy (and expensive) for the flick.
"Word has it that Matt's probably not gonna be involved in this one, because he's worth a lot of money now," Iglesias said in a recent interview with Dish Nation.
The actor-comedian didn't have much else to report about the "Magic Mike" sequel -- he noted that he hadn't seen a finished script yet -- but added that everyone involved in the film has used the same line to describe it: "They're taking the show on the road."
That jibes with what star Channing Tatum had said in the past about "XXL" being a road trip movie, though we hate to break it to him that his muse McConaughey won't be along for the ride.
So without McConaughey's Dallas in the mix, does this mean that Iglesias will step up and do some dancing/stripping this time around?
"I've signed on to be in part two, so there's a good chance I'll get naked if the money's right," Iglesias told Dish Nation. "Why not? I'll whore it out."
"Magic Mike XXL" is due out on July 3, 2015.
[via: Dish Nation, h/t Uproxx]
Photo by Paul A. Hebert/Invision/AP
- Bet You Didn't Know All These Actresses Have Famous Dads - POPSUGAR
- Famous People Before They Were Famous - Mom.me
- How to Handle Any Life Situation Like Ari Gold — in GIFs - POPSUGAR
- JENELLE EVANS WANTED BY POLICE FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTACKING NATHAN GRIFFITH - Wonderwall
- THE MOST BIZARRE JOB TITLES ON 'THE BACHELOR' AND 'THE BACHELORETTE' - Mandatory
- 30 New and Returning Shows to Watch This Summer - POPSUGAR
- 11 Celebs Who Married Athletes - Mom.me
- EMILIA CLARKE: I TURNED DOWN FIFTY SHADES OF GREY BECAUSE OF 'AMOUNT OF NUDITY' - Wonderwall
- Before Jurassic World, Revisit Why You Loved Chris Pratt in the First Place - Popsugar
- THE 'TOP GUN' CAST: THEN VS. NOW - Mandatory