It seemed inevitable, but now one of the movie's stars has all but confirmed it: Matthew McConaughey most likely won't be back for "Magic Mike XXL."
Citing "that whole Oscar thing," Gabriel Iglesias, who played Tobias in the 2012 original, said that the recent Best Actor winner was just too busy (and expensive) for the flick.
"Word has it that Matt's probably not gonna be involved in this one, because he's worth a lot of money now," Iglesias said in a recent interview with Dish Nation.
The actor-comedian didn't have much else to report about the "Magic Mike" sequel -- he noted that he hadn't seen a finished script yet -- but added that everyone involved in the film has used the same line to describe it: "They're taking the show on the road."
That jibes with what star Channing Tatum had said in the past about "XXL" being a road trip movie, though we hate to break it to him that his muse McConaughey won't be along for the ride.
So without McConaughey's Dallas in the mix, does this mean that Iglesias will step up and do some dancing/stripping this time around?
"I've signed on to be in part two, so there's a good chance I'll get naked if the money's right," Iglesias told Dish Nation. "Why not? I'll whore it out."
"Magic Mike XXL" is due out on July 3, 2015.
[via: Dish Nation, h/t Uproxx]
Photo by Paul A. Hebert/Invision/AP
- 20 Disney GIFs That Accurately Describe Your Adult Life - POPSUGAR
- Chris Pratt May Be the New Indiana Jones - Vulture
- Celebrities Who Look Like Disney Princesses - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailer: 'The Maze Runner' - ScreenJunkies
- The Complete History of Comic-Book Movies: 'Batman' - ScreenCrush
- The All-Female 'Ghostbusters' Cast Is Perfect - POPSUGAR
- 11 TV Shows From 2014 to Binge Watch Right Now - Rotten Tomatoes
- Emma Watson Will Star as Belle in Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' - POPSUGAR
- 5 Things From 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Trailer - Vulture
- Photos of 'The Muppets' on 'The Empire Strikes Back' Set - ScreenCrush