BBC News reports that Ina Treciokas, Ford's publicist, released a statement confirming that Ford's left leg was broken during an accident on the "Episode VII" set last week.
"His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly," Treciokas's statement said. "He's doing well and looks forward to returning to work."
That return isn't scheduled for another eight weeks, though J.J. Abrams and co. have assured fans that Ford's injury won't negatively affect the "Episode VII" production.
Reports surfaced shortly after Ford's injury was revealed that the accident occurred when a door fell on Ford during the shooting of a scene involving Han Solo's iconic spaceship, the Millennium Falcon. Emergency personnel were summoned to the set last Thursday with a call about a man being injured by a garage door, and Ford was eventually airlifted to a local hospital; initial statements about the incident said Ford injured his ankle.
"Star Wars: Episode VII" -- starred a potentially hobbled Han Solo -- hits theaters on December 18, 2015.
[via BBC, h/t Defamer]
Photo credit should read VALERY HACHE/AFP/Getty Images