A mysterious plane. Carlton Cuse as showrunner. Creepy, unexplainable happenings.
No, this isn't "Lost"; rather, it's FX's new series "The Strain," adapted by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan from their book trilogy of the same name. And unlike "Lost," "The Strain" takes a more decided turn toward horror, as seen in the first trailer for the show.
There've been a few teasers, but this trailer actually shows some footage. Investigators led by Corey Stoll and Mia Maestro are called upon to examine a plane full of dead people.
"I've seen this disease before. All the passengers must be destroyed!" urges a worried professor played by David Bradley.
And fast, as corpses begin to mysteriously disappear from morgues. When the scientists discover the viral outbreak has ties to vampirism, the race to contain it becomes imperative.
"The Strain" premieres July 19 on FX.
- Bet You Didn't Know All These Actresses Have Famous Dads - POPSUGAR
- Famous People Before They Were Famous - Mom.me
- How to Handle Any Life Situation Like Ari Gold — in GIFs - POPSUGAR
- JENELLE EVANS WANTED BY POLICE FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTACKING NATHAN GRIFFITH - Wonderwall
- THE MOST BIZARRE JOB TITLES ON 'THE BACHELOR' AND 'THE BACHELORETTE' - Mandatory
- 30 New and Returning Shows to Watch This Summer - POPSUGAR
- 11 Celebs Who Married Athletes - Mom.me
- EMILIA CLARKE: I TURNED DOWN FIFTY SHADES OF GREY BECAUSE OF 'AMOUNT OF NUDITY' - Wonderwall
- Before Jurassic World, Revisit Why You Loved Chris Pratt in the First Place - Popsugar
- THE 'TOP GUN' CAST: THEN VS. NOW - Mandatory