A mysterious plane. Carlton Cuse as showrunner. Creepy, unexplainable happenings.
No, this isn't "Lost"; rather, it's FX's new series "The Strain," adapted by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan from their book trilogy of the same name. And unlike "Lost," "The Strain" takes a more decided turn toward horror, as seen in the first trailer for the show.
There've been a few teasers, but this trailer actually shows some footage. Investigators led by Corey Stoll and Mia Maestro are called upon to examine a plane full of dead people.
"I've seen this disease before. All the passengers must be destroyed!" urges a worried professor played by David Bradley.
And fast, as corpses begin to mysteriously disappear from morgues. When the scientists discover the viral outbreak has ties to vampirism, the race to contain it becomes imperative.
"The Strain" premieres July 19 on FX.
- The Best Movie Couples of 2014 - POPSUGAR
- Is This the Greatest Best Actor Class Ever? - HitFix
- Christian Bale Is Our Least Relatable Movie Star - Vulture
- Honest Trailer: 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' - ScreenJunkies
- 10 Moments in 'The Interview' That Would've Upset North Korea - Vulture
- 10 Holiday Movies to Stream on Netflix - POPSUGAR
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Ben Stiller's 10 Best Movies - Rotten Tomatoes
- Here Are the 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Character Names - POPSUGAR
- The Worst Movies of 2014 - ScreenCrush