A mysterious plane. Carlton Cuse as showrunner. Creepy, unexplainable happenings.
No, this isn't "Lost"; rather, it's FX's new series "The Strain," adapted by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan from their book trilogy of the same name. And unlike "Lost," "The Strain" takes a more decided turn toward horror, as seen in the first trailer for the show.
There've been a few teasers, but this trailer actually shows some footage. Investigators led by Corey Stoll and Mia Maestro are called upon to examine a plane full of dead people.
"I've seen this disease before. All the passengers must be destroyed!" urges a worried professor played by David Bradley.
And fast, as corpses begin to mysteriously disappear from morgues. When the scientists discover the viral outbreak has ties to vampirism, the race to contain it becomes imperative.
"The Strain" premieres July 19 on FX.
- 12 Impossibly Chic French Films That Will Cure Your Cannes Cravings - POPSUGAR
- Loving Zac Efron Does Not Make You a Naughty Mommy - Mom.me
- 9 Things You Definitely Didn't Know About David Letterman - POPSUGAR
- RIHANNA INTRODUCES 'SECRET GARDEN' FULL-LENGTH DIOR SHORT FILM - Wonderwall
- THE ULTIMATE LIST OF 'SURVIVOR' FUN FACTS - Mandatory
- All the Shirtless Chris Evans Movie Moments You Can Handle - POPSUGAR
- 15 Photos of Tom Hardy That May Have Gotten Us Pregnant - Mom.me
- GEORGE CLOONEY: THE FAMILY MAN - Wonderwall
- No One on Game of Thrones Has a Worse Love Life Than Sansa Stark - Popsugar
- WET HOT AMERICAN ACTORS: WHAT'S THE CAST BEEN UP TO THE PAST 15 YEARS? - Mandatory