A mysterious plane. Carlton Cuse as showrunner. Creepy, unexplainable happenings.
No, this isn't "Lost"; rather, it's FX's new series "The Strain," adapted by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan from their book trilogy of the same name. And unlike "Lost," "The Strain" takes a more decided turn toward horror, as seen in the first trailer for the show.
There've been a few teasers, but this trailer actually shows some footage. Investigators led by Corey Stoll and Mia Maestro are called upon to examine a plane full of dead people.
"I've seen this disease before. All the passengers must be destroyed!" urges a worried professor played by David Bradley.
And fast, as corpses begin to mysteriously disappear from morgues. When the scientists discover the viral outbreak has ties to vampirism, the race to contain it becomes imperative.
"The Strain" premieres July 19 on FX.
- 20 Disney GIFs That Accurately Describe Your Adult Life - POPSUGAR
- Chris Pratt May Be the New Indiana Jones - Vulture
- The Controversial Tweets About 'American Sniper' - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailer: 'Gone Girl' - ScreenJunkies
- The Complete History of Comic-Book Movies: 'Batman' - ScreenCrush
- The All-Female 'Ghostbusters' Cast Is Perfect - POPSUGAR
- 11 TV Shows From 2014 to Binge Watch Right Now - Rotten Tomatoes
- Emma Watson Will Star as Belle in Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' - POPSUGAR
- Is Liam Hemsworth Starring in the New 'Independence Day'? - Vulture
- 20 Things About James Bond Movies You Might Not Have Known - ScreenCrush