This weekend, Seth Rogen takes on Zac Efron and his entire frat in "Neighbors" (check out their hilarious Unscripted below); the Kristen Bell-starring "Veronica Mars" is out on DVD; psychological horror-thriller "Penny Dreadful," starring Eva Green, premieres on Showtime; and the sinister mini-series "Rosemary's Baby" with Zoe Saldana comes to NBC this Sunday.
Also in theaters this weekend:
- Written and directed by Jon Favreau, "Chef" follows a recently-fired chef (Favreau) who starts up a food truck to reclaim his creative promise and unite his estranged family. John Leguizamo, Scarlett Johansson, Sofia Vergara, and Dustin Hoffman co-star in this indie.
- "Fed Up" is a documentary that upends the conventional wisdom of why we gain weight and how to lose it, and unearths a dirty secret of the American food industry along the way.
- "Moms' Night Out" follows a group of mothers who, in desperate need for a night out, turn to their husbands to watch the kids for the evening -- with hilarious consequences.
- Directed by Richard Ayoade, "The Double" stars Jesse Eisenberg as a government clerk whose life takes a horrific turn when a new co-worker arrives that looks exactly like him.
- Written and directed by Gia Coppola, "Palo Alto" follows April (Emma Roberts), a California teenager torn between her soccer coach (James Franco) and sweet stoner classmate Teddy.
Also on TV this weekend:
- The zombie series "In the Flesh" kicks off its second season (BBC America, 10pm ET Sat.).
- Charlize Theron hosts "Saturday Night Live" with musical guests The Black Keys (NBC, 11:30pm ET Sat.).
- "Iyanla: Fix My Life" returns with Iyanla counseling a notorious couple (OWN, 9pm ET Sat.).
- "Guy's Grocery Games" returns for season 2 with all-new games (Food, 8pm ET Sun.).