Comedians Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele -- known for their Comedy Central sketch show "Key & Peele" -- are teaming up again for a big screen project: a reboot of the "Police Academy" series.
The Hollywood Reporter writes that the duo are joining original "Police Academy" producer Paul Maslansky in reviving the franchise, which spawned seven films and two TV series from 1984 to 1994. Maslansky has been attached to the reboot for several years, and while the film has seen collaborators come and go -- including onetime director Scott Zabielski -- the producer told THR in 2010 that he was determined to populate the project with emerging comedic talent, something the addition of Key and Peele confirms.
"It's going to be very worthwhile to the people who remember it and to those who saw it on TV," Maslansky told THR at the time. "It's going to be a new class. We hope to discover new talent and season it with great comedians. It'll be anything but another movie with a numeral next to it. And we'll most probably retain the wonderful musical theme."
It's still unclear whether Key and Peele's roles will be limited solely to producers, or if they'll also star in the film. They'll get their chance to show off their police work skills when they play a cop duo in a four episode arc on the FX series "Fargo," which debuts April 15.
Photo by Maury Phillips/Getty Images for WGAw
- The 10 Action Movies That Will Define This Summer - POPSUGAR
- If Amy Schumer Wrote a Parenting Guide - Mom.me
- How to Survive Your 20s, According to Broad City - POPSUGAR
- This Modern Day Caveman Has Better Hair Than You & Better Abs Than Channing Tatum - College Candy
- FAMILY GUY: A HISTORY OF CONTROVERSY - Mandatory
- Your Summer 2015 Movie Guide Is Here - POPSUGAR
- Celebrities Who Are Natural Blondes - Mom.me
- WONDERWALL VIDEO REESE WITHERSPOON, SOFIA VERGARA DISH: DO BLONDES OR BRUNETTES HAVE MORE FUN? - Wonderwall
- See the Orange Is the New Black Cast Out of Their Jumpsuits - Popsugar
- TODAY'S FUNNY PHOTOS - Mandatory