"Frozen" fans who line up to see the hit animated movie when it becomes a Broadway show may hear a familiar voice onstage, if Kristen Bell has anything to say about it.
Bell, who played Anna in the blockbuster Disney flick, discussed the film's Broadway plans with Entertainment Weekly's EW Radio, and said that she would be interested in reprising her role if the show's producers asked.
"I certainly hope that they try," the actress said. "Everybody in 'Frozen' is a Broadway veteran so I certainly hope they try and wrangle us."
Bell's Broadway background includes a stint in the musicals "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and "Reefer Madness," as well as a role alongside Liam Neeson and Laura Linney in a revival of "The Crucible." Idina Menzel starred in the Tony-winning "Rent" and snagged a statuette herself for her role in "Wicked," while Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad also appeared on the Great White Way in award-winning shows "Spring Awakening" and "The Book of Mormon," respectively.
Adele Dazeem Menzel, Bell said that John Travolta's now-infamous Oscars pronunciation gaffe has worked out OK for the star, bringing Menzel some well-deserved international attention.
"[Idina] got a long overdue spotlight for her talent level," Bell said.
"Frozen" comes out on DVD and Blu-ray Tuesday.
Photo by Jason Kempin/Getty Images
- Cinderella's Dazzling Pictures Will Take Your Breath Away - POPSUGAR
- Netflix and Judd Apatow Are Making a New Pee-wee Herman Movie - Vulture
- Lady Gaga's 'Sound of Music' Tribute Made the Oscars Worth Watching - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailers: 'Dumb and Dumber To' - ScreenJunkies
- 11 'This Is Spinal Tap' Facts - ScreenCrush
- Christina Aguilera's Britney Spears Impression Is Perfect - POPSUGAR
- Behind-the-Scenes Oscar-Party Timeline - Vulture
- 40 Books Becoming Movies in 2015 - POPSUGAR
- The Best 'Parks and Recreation' Drinking Moments - Vulture
- Here's an Amazing Dark and Gritty 'Power Rangers' Reboot - ScreenCrush