"Frozen" fans who line up to see the hit animated movie when it becomes a Broadway show may hear a familiar voice onstage, if Kristen Bell has anything to say about it.
Bell, who played Anna in the blockbuster Disney flick, discussed the film's Broadway plans with Entertainment Weekly's EW Radio, and said that she would be interested in reprising her role if the show's producers asked.
"I certainly hope that they try," the actress said. "Everybody in 'Frozen' is a Broadway veteran so I certainly hope they try and wrangle us."
Bell's Broadway background includes a stint in the musicals "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and "Reefer Madness," as well as a role alongside Liam Neeson and Laura Linney in a revival of "The Crucible." Idina Menzel starred in the Tony-winning "Rent" and snagged a statuette herself for her role in "Wicked," while Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad also appeared on the Great White Way in award-winning shows "Spring Awakening" and "The Book of Mormon," respectively.
Adele Dazeem Menzel, Bell said that John Travolta's now-infamous Oscars pronunciation gaffe has worked out OK for the star, bringing Menzel some well-deserved international attention.
"[Idina] got a long overdue spotlight for her talent level," Bell said.
"Frozen" comes out on DVD and Blu-ray Tuesday.
Photo by Jason Kempin/Getty Images
- The Best Movie Couples of 2014 - POPSUGAR
- Is This the Greatest Best Actor Class Ever? - HitFix
- Christian Bale Is Our Least Relatable Movie Star - Vulture
- Honest Trailer: 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' - ScreenJunkies
- 10 Moments in 'The Interview' That Would've Upset North Korea - Vulture
- 10 Holiday Movies to Stream on Netflix - POPSUGAR
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Ben Stiller's 10 Best Movies - Rotten Tomatoes
- Here Are the 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Character Names - POPSUGAR
- The Worst Movies of 2014 - ScreenCrush