"Frozen" fans who line up to see the hit animated movie when it becomes a Broadway show may hear a familiar voice onstage, if Kristen Bell has anything to say about it.
Bell, who played Anna in the blockbuster Disney flick, discussed the film's Broadway plans with Entertainment Weekly's EW Radio, and said that she would be interested in reprising her role if the show's producers asked.
"I certainly hope that they try," the actress said. "Everybody in 'Frozen' is a Broadway veteran so I certainly hope they try and wrangle us."
Bell's Broadway background includes a stint in the musicals "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and "Reefer Madness," as well as a role alongside Liam Neeson and Laura Linney in a revival of "The Crucible." Idina Menzel starred in the Tony-winning "Rent" and snagged a statuette herself for her role in "Wicked," while Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad also appeared on the Great White Way in award-winning shows "Spring Awakening" and "The Book of Mormon," respectively.
Adele Dazeem Menzel, Bell said that John Travolta's now-infamous Oscars pronunciation gaffe has worked out OK for the star, bringing Menzel some well-deserved international attention.
"[Idina] got a long overdue spotlight for her talent level," Bell said.
"Frozen" comes out on DVD and Blu-ray Tuesday.
Photo by Jason Kempin/Getty Images
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!