"Frozen" fans who line up to see the hit animated movie when it becomes a Broadway show may hear a familiar voice onstage, if Kristen Bell has anything to say about it.
Bell, who played Anna in the blockbuster Disney flick, discussed the film's Broadway plans with Entertainment Weekly's EW Radio, and said that she would be interested in reprising her role if the show's producers asked.
"I certainly hope that they try," the actress said. "Everybody in 'Frozen' is a Broadway veteran so I certainly hope they try and wrangle us."
Bell's Broadway background includes a stint in the musicals "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and "Reefer Madness," as well as a role alongside Liam Neeson and Laura Linney in a revival of "The Crucible." Idina Menzel starred in the Tony-winning "Rent" and snagged a statuette herself for her role in "Wicked," while Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad also appeared on the Great White Way in award-winning shows "Spring Awakening" and "The Book of Mormon," respectively.
Adele Dazeem Menzel, Bell said that John Travolta's now-infamous Oscars pronunciation gaffe has worked out OK for the star, bringing Menzel some well-deserved international attention.
"[Idina] got a long overdue spotlight for her talent level," Bell said.
"Frozen" comes out on DVD and Blu-ray Tuesday.
Photo by Jason Kempin/Getty Images
- The Cast of 'Hocus Pocus': Then & Now - POPSUGAR
- 16 Things We Learned From Dave Chappelle's GQ Interview - HitFix
- 10 Failed TV Shows From Successful Showrunners - Rotten Tomatoes
- Honest Trailer: 'Maleficent' - ScreenJunkies
- Make Your Own Aaron Sorkin Monologue - Vulture
- Why Thanksgiving Is Just Like 'The Hunger Games' - POPSUGAR
- The 13 Best 'Assembling the Team' Movies - Vulture
- The Best Movie Kisses of 2014 - POPSUGAR
- Ranking 11 Movie Bosses From Amazing to Horrible - POPSUGAR
- Watch the Star-Lord Dance-Off in This 'Guardians' Outtake - ScreenCrush