"Frozen" fans who line up to see the hit animated movie when it becomes a Broadway show may hear a familiar voice onstage, if Kristen Bell has anything to say about it.
Bell, who played Anna in the blockbuster Disney flick, discussed the film's Broadway plans with Entertainment Weekly's EW Radio, and said that she would be interested in reprising her role if the show's producers asked.
"I certainly hope that they try," the actress said. "Everybody in 'Frozen' is a Broadway veteran so I certainly hope they try and wrangle us."
Bell's Broadway background includes a stint in the musicals "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and "Reefer Madness," as well as a role alongside Liam Neeson and Laura Linney in a revival of "The Crucible." Idina Menzel starred in the Tony-winning "Rent" and snagged a statuette herself for her role in "Wicked," while Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad also appeared on the Great White Way in award-winning shows "Spring Awakening" and "The Book of Mormon," respectively.
Adele Dazeem Menzel, Bell said that John Travolta's now-infamous Oscars pronunciation gaffe has worked out OK for the star, bringing Menzel some well-deserved international attention.
"[Idina] got a long overdue spotlight for her talent level," Bell said.
"Frozen" comes out on DVD and Blu-ray Tuesday.
Photo by Jason Kempin/Getty Images
- 20 Disney GIFs That Accurately Describe Your Adult Life - POPSUGAR
- Chris Pratt May Be the New Indiana Jones - Vulture
- The Controversial Tweets About 'American Sniper' - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailer: 'Gone Girl' - ScreenJunkies
- The Complete History of Comic-Book Movies: 'Batman' - ScreenCrush
- The All-Female 'Ghostbusters' Cast Is Perfect - POPSUGAR
- 11 TV Shows From 2014 to Binge Watch Right Now - Rotten Tomatoes
- Emma Watson Will Star as Belle in Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' - POPSUGAR
- Is Liam Hemsworth Starring in the New 'Independence Day'? - Vulture
- 20 Things About James Bond Movies You Might Not Have Known - ScreenCrush