In "The Lego Movie," a perfectly average Lego mini-figure named Emmett is mistakenly identified as the extraordinary Master Builder, leading him on a journey with a fellowship of strangers to stop an evil Lego tyrant from gluing the universe together. Written and directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller ("21 Jump Street"), the film features an all-star cast, with Will Arnett, Elizabeth Banks, Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Morgan Freeman, and many more.
Based on a true story, "The Monuments Men" follows an unlikely World War II platoon tasked to rescue artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves. The film is directed by George Clooney, who also produced and wrote the film with his longtime collaborator and friend, Grant Heslov. "The Monuments Men" stars Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, John Goodman, and Jean Dujardin ("The Artist") in a stellar ensemble cast.
Directed by Mark Waters ("Mean Girls") and written by Daniel Waters ("Heathers"), "Vampire Academy" follows Rose Hathaway (Zoey Deutch), a half human-half vampire, as she trains to be a guardian at St. Vladimir's Academy. Best friends with Princess Dragomir, Rose is assigned to protect the peaceful and mortal vampires, the Moroi, from the bloodthirsty, immortal vampires, the Strigoi, at all costs -- even if that means running away from the Academy.
Also, in theaters this weekend:
- "The Pretty One" stars Zoe Kazan and Jake Johnson in a coming-of-age comedy about identity and a wallflower who finally learns how to break out of her shell.
- "Cavemen" stars Skylar Astin ("Pitch Perfect") as a playboy fed up with empty relationships and one-night-stands, who finally realizes he wants a relationship of substance.
- In "Someone Marry Barry," childhood friends scheme to find a wife for their inappropriate pal Barry, but the plan backfires when his new girlfriend acts exactly like him.
- Set amid a 17th century civil war, "A Field in England" follows a group of deserters that is captured by an alchemist and forced to help him find hidden treasure.
- "A Fantastic Fear of Everything" stars Simon Pegg as a timid crime novelist whose opportunity of a lifetime is hampered by his soul-crushing paranoia.
- In "Love & Air Sex," heartbroken Stan flies to Austin to "accidentally" bump into his ex-girlfriend, only to discover his best friends are having their own bad break-up in the midst of the Air Sex World Championships.
CATEGORIES Weekend Movie Preview