When it comes to stories about Madonna, even the most outrageous claims seem somewhat underplayed. Such is the case with a tale involving the Material Girl who, earlier this week, attended a premiere of Steve McQueen's gripping historical drama "12 Years A Slave"... then proceeded to text throughout the entire movie.
The best part of this story comes when a fellow moviegoer got the guts to call the pop star out on her behavior. According to the New York Post's Page Six, a lady "tapped her on the shoulder and told her to put her phone away."
But wait... It gets better. After being called out on her poor cinema conduct, Madonna shot back: "It's for business... enslaver!" Considering the movie she was watching (or, rather, "watching"), this comment is even more vulgar and tasteless than it would have been normally.
Madonna was supposedly on hand to support and congratulate Steve McQueen, who got his start in the British art world before transitioning to film. "12 Years a Slave," which is being touted as a front runner for the Best Picture Oscar (amongst many other things) is about a freed black man played by Chiwetel Ejofor, who is sold back into a life of slavery; Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt, Benedict Cumberbatch and Paul Dano costar.
The film is released in America on October 18th. Please, no texting. Even if you're Madonna.
[via Page Six]
- 12 Impossibly Chic French Films That Will Cure Your Cannes Cravings - POPSUGAR
- Loving Zac Efron Does Not Make You a Naughty Mommy - Mom.me
- What the Mad Men Stars Are Doing Next - POPSUGAR
- LINDSAY LOHAN'S LEGAL WOES - Wonderwall
- 20 MOVIES YOU WON'T BELIEVE ARE 20 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR - Mandatory
- What's The Deal With Grayscale? Let's Investigate - POPSUGAR
- 15 Photos of Tom Hardy That May Have Gotten Us Pregnant - Mom.me
- CELEBS POSTING ABOUT #REDNOSEDAYUSA ON SOCIAL MEDIA - Wonderwall
- The Top 10 Goodbyes to David Letterman - Popsugar
- THE TOP 10 FILMS THAT RUINED THEIR FILM FRANCHISE - Mandatory