When it comes to stories about Madonna, even the most outrageous claims seem somewhat underplayed. Such is the case with a tale involving the Material Girl who, earlier this week, attended a premiere of Steve McQueen's gripping historical drama "12 Years A Slave"... then proceeded to text throughout the entire movie.
The best part of this story comes when a fellow moviegoer got the guts to call the pop star out on her behavior. According to the New York Post's Page Six, a lady "tapped her on the shoulder and told her to put her phone away."
But wait... It gets better. After being called out on her poor cinema conduct, Madonna shot back: "It's for business... enslaver!" Considering the movie she was watching (or, rather, "watching"), this comment is even more vulgar and tasteless than it would have been normally.
Madonna was supposedly on hand to support and congratulate Steve McQueen, who got his start in the British art world before transitioning to film. "12 Years a Slave," which is being touted as a front runner for the Best Picture Oscar (amongst many other things) is about a freed black man played by Chiwetel Ejofor, who is sold back into a life of slavery; Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt, Benedict Cumberbatch and Paul Dano costar.
The film is released in America on October 18th. Please, no texting. Even if you're Madonna.
[via Page Six]
- The Cast of 'Hocus Pocus': Then & Now - POPSUGAR
- 16 Things We Learned From Dave Chappelle's GQ Interview - HitFix
- 10 Failed TV Shows From Successful Showrunners - Rotten Tomatoes
- Honest Trailer: 'Maleficent' - ScreenJunkies
- Make Your Own Aaron Sorkin Monologue - Vulture
- Why Thanksgiving Is Just Like 'The Hunger Games' - POPSUGAR
- The 13 Best 'Assembling the Team' Movies - Vulture
- White Elephant Gifts For the Pop Culture Fan - POPSUGAR
- Ranking 11 Movie Bosses From Amazing to Horrible - POPSUGAR
- Watch the Star-Lord Dance-Off in This 'Guardians' Outtake - ScreenCrush