The new "American Hustle" trailer has it all: excessive wealth, cleavage, comb-overs, pompadours, home perms, and plenty of high-stakes criminal scheming.
"We gotta get over on all these guys, that's what we need to be thinking about right now," a curler-coifed Amy Adams tells Christian Bale. To which he somberly replies, "It's gotta be the best we've ever done."
If that quiet, intense moment is designed to set our expectations for David O. Russell's '70s-set crime drama, then count us in.
For anyone who isn't into Oscar-caliber acting or high-profile cinematic storytelling, the trailer is still worth watching just to see Bradley Cooper sporting some tight, pink curlers, Jennifer Lawrence delivering a rimshot-worthy insult while smoking a cigarette (gasp!), and Christian Bale flaunting a big ol' beer gut and comb-over. Oh, and Jeremy Renner wearing a pompadour like a pro.
"American Hustle" hits theaters Christmas Day.
EARLIER: 'American Hustle' Poster Debut: The '70s Never Looked So Good (PHOTOS)
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!