David S. Goyer just can't stop talking about Superman.
After discussing the movie's controversial ending at length at a recent public appearance, the "Man of Steel" screenwriter was at it again this week, dishing on progress on "Batman vs. Superman" and trying to ignore negative fan reaction to Ben Affleck's casting.
"One of the things that has been fun for us is we're a bit a further along than what I think people realize," Goyer told the Associated Press about pre-production on the hotly-anticipated sequel.
And while that film includes Affleck, a.k.a. the internet's most-hated man, making his DC Comics debut as Batman, Goyer said filmmakers were "conscious of" the backlash but that they "can't ... be paralyzed by that."
"At the end of the day, you still have to create something," Goyer said. "And if you try and think, 'Well what would the fans like?' then you stop being creative. It's sort of like, 'Where does it end?' You have to write the story that you want to write, and hope that people want to see it."
As for how that final showdown between Batman and Superman shakes out, Goyer's not telling who will win -- but he knows who he'd pick in the fight.
"Most comic book purists would say Batman, because he is the ultimate strategist. Even though it makes no sense whatsoever," he said. "If Superman just flicked his finger Batman would be done for."
[via Coming Soon]
- The 10 Action Movies That Will Define This Summer - POPSUGAR
- If Amy Schumer Wrote a Parenting Guide - Mom.me
- How to Survive Your 20s, According to Broad City - POPSUGAR
- This Modern Day Caveman Has Better Hair Than You & Better Abs Than Channing Tatum - College Candy
- FAMILY GUY: A HISTORY OF CONTROVERSY - Mandatory
- Your Summer 2015 Movie Guide Is Here - POPSUGAR
- Celebrities Who Are Natural Blondes - Mom.me
- WONDERWALL VIDEO REESE WITHERSPOON, SOFIA VERGARA DISH: DO BLONDES OR BRUNETTES HAVE MORE FUN? - Wonderwall
- See the Orange Is the New Black Cast Out of Their Jumpsuits - Popsugar
- TODAY'S FUNNY PHOTOS - Mandatory