The trailer for director Alexander Payne's latest film, "Nebraska," tells the story of Woody Grant (Bruce Dern), a senior citizen convinced he's now a millionaire after receiving a sweepstakes letter in the mail. While his son (Will Forte) remains skeptical of the letter's veracity, Woody won't be swayed, and demands to be taken to the film's titular state to collect his winnings.
But of course, as everyday lottery winners can attest, when money comes, so do hangers-on, and suddenly Woody becomes very popular in his small town. Soon, it seems everyone wants a piece of the potentially-imaginary pie, and some are less polite than others in requesting a share.
"What's the harm in letting him have his fantasy for a couple more days?" asks Forte's character. It seems Payne's film is all about letting us find out.
"Nebraska," shot in sumptuous black and white, hits theaters November 15.
Around The Web:
- 20 Disney GIFs That Accurately Describe Your Adult Life - POPSUGAR
- Is There Too Much TV to Watch? - Vulture
- The Controversial Tweets About 'American Sniper' - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailer: 'Gone Girl' - ScreenJunkies
- Tarantino Starts Shooting 'Hateful Eight' - ScreenCrush
- This Matthew McConaughey 'Dazed and Confused' Audition Is Amazing - POPSUGAR
- 11 TV Shows From 2014 to Binge Watch Right Now - Rotten Tomatoes
- What's Leaving Netflix in February - POPSUGAR
- A$AP Rocky Heads to the Big Screen - Vulture
- 20 Things About James Bond Movies You Might Not Have Known - ScreenCrush