The trailer for director Alexander Payne's latest film, "Nebraska," tells the story of Woody Grant (Bruce Dern), a senior citizen convinced he's now a millionaire after receiving a sweepstakes letter in the mail. While his son (Will Forte) remains skeptical of the letter's veracity, Woody won't be swayed, and demands to be taken to the film's titular state to collect his winnings.
But of course, as everyday lottery winners can attest, when money comes, so do hangers-on, and suddenly Woody becomes very popular in his small town. Soon, it seems everyone wants a piece of the potentially-imaginary pie, and some are less polite than others in requesting a share.
"What's the harm in letting him have his fantasy for a couple more days?" asks Forte's character. It seems Payne's film is all about letting us find out.
"Nebraska," shot in sumptuous black and white, hits theaters November 15.
Around The Web:
- The Best Movie Couples of 2014 - POPSUGAR
- Is This the Greatest Best Actor Class Ever? - HitFix
- Christian Bale Is Our Least Relatable Movie Star - Vulture
- Honest Trailer: 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' - ScreenJunkies
- 10 Moments in 'The Interview' That Would've Upset North Korea - Vulture
- 10 Holiday Movies to Stream on Netflix - POPSUGAR
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Ben Stiller's 10 Best Movies - Rotten Tomatoes
- Here Are the 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Character Names - POPSUGAR
- The Worst Movies of 2014 - ScreenCrush