The trailer for director Alexander Payne's latest film, "Nebraska," tells the story of Woody Grant (Bruce Dern), a senior citizen convinced he's now a millionaire after receiving a sweepstakes letter in the mail. While his son (Will Forte) remains skeptical of the letter's veracity, Woody won't be swayed, and demands to be taken to the film's titular state to collect his winnings.
But of course, as everyday lottery winners can attest, when money comes, so do hangers-on, and suddenly Woody becomes very popular in his small town. Soon, it seems everyone wants a piece of the potentially-imaginary pie, and some are less polite than others in requesting a share.
"What's the harm in letting him have his fantasy for a couple more days?" asks Forte's character. It seems Payne's film is all about letting us find out.
"Nebraska," shot in sumptuous black and white, hits theaters November 15.
Around The Web:
- 30 Spooky Movie Couples - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ludicrous Villains That Were Terrible Horror Monsters - HitFix
- 'Cabin Fever' Is Going to be Remade - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Fight Club' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- Key and Peele Are Finally Making a Movie - Vulture
- Meet the Freaks of 'American Horror Story' - POPSUGAR
- The 11 Worst Batman Villains - Vulture
- 15 Pop-Culture Costumes That Take Very Little Effort - POPSUGAR
- 15 New Details About 'Interstellar' - Vulture
- Best Horror Movies Ever - Rotten Tomatoes