The mob genre takes a turn for the funny in the Robert De Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer crime comedy "The Family" this weekend, while James Wan's ("The Conjuring") horror sequel "Insidious: Chapter 2" aims to scare you out of your seats.
Luc Besson's ("Leon: The Professional," "The Fifth Element") "The Family" stars Robert De Niro as the head of the Manzoni crime family -- who could play it better? -- who move to France after entering the witness protection program. While a CIA agent (Tommy Lee Jones) works to keep them in line, the family, including Michelle Pfeiffer, Dianna Agron (TV's "Glee"), and John D'Leo, can't help but revert to their violent ways. Once a mobster, always a mobster.
In "Insidious: Chapter 2," the follow-up to 2011's surprise hit "Insidious," the Lambert family is finally reunited after their son Dalton (Ty Simpkins) is rescued from the ghostly Further. But now, instead of Dalton becoming a vessel for evil spirits, it's father Josh (Patrick Wilson) who begins to encounter the paranormal.Did Josh come back from the Further -- or did someone (or something) come back with him? Wilson sure has spent a lot of time with ghosts lately.
In limited release this weekend, "Jayne Mansfield's Car," written, directed by, and starring Billy Bob Thorton, tells the story of two families brought together by a death. The film also stars Kevin Bacon, Robert Duvall, John Hurt, Tippi Hedren, and more. Isaiah Washington and newcomer Tequan Richmond star in thriller "Blue Caprice," based on the 2002 Beltway sniper attacks in Washington D.C. Haifaa al-Mansour's "Wadjda," the first feature film by a female Saudi Arabian director, tells the story of a young Saudi girl who will do anything to buy a bicycle -- even though her society looks down on it.
What movie are you most excited to see this weekend?
Around The Web:
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!