For the 38th Toronto Film Festival, the programme directors are pulling out all the stops.
There are some majorly anticipated movies among the gala and premiere presentations announced today by Piers Handling, Director and CEO of TIFF, and Cameron Bailey, Artistic Director of TIFF.
"This first round of films offers a taste of the powerhouse lineup at this year's Festival," said Handling. "These are the works that will have everyone talking because they capture the mood of the times. They will captivate, excite and entertain the global film community and audiences alike."
Some of the highlights (though there are too many to name) include festival opening film "The Fifth Estate," starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Julian Assange, "August: Osage County," starring Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts, and James Gandolfini's second-last film, "Enough Said."
But that's just the beginning. Toronto looks to be filled with A-list celebrities and stellar cinema in early September. Mark your calendars and get ready.
Notable Toronto Film Festival 2013 Movies
- 21 Great HBO Shows of the Past to Binge On This Summer - POPSUGAR
- Celebrity Wedding Photos - Mom.me
- We Crown Jon Snow the Saddest, Sexiest Guy in the Seven Kingdoms - POPSUGAR
- CHRISSY TEIGEN'S DRESS TRIPS UP AUDIENCE MEMBER AT BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS - Wonderwall
- THE 20 UGLIEST CELEBRITY CRY FACES - Mandatory
- Is Meryl Streep the Greatest Movie Mother? - POPSUGAR
- 10 Superhero Celebrity Moms - Mom.me
- 'KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS: ABOUT BRUCE' SPECIAL: 8 SURPRISING REVELATIONS FROM PART ONE - Wonderwall
- 42 Times the Pitch Perfect Cast Brought Their Aca-Awesomeness to Instagram - Popsugar
- KYLIE JENNER FIGHTS BACK AT BODY SHAMERS: 'YES, I GAINED WEIGHT' - Mandatory