In "Snowpiercer," scientists' attempts to stop global warming have backfired and caused another ice age, which has destroyed society as we know it. The catastrophe's survivors ride the eponymous train -- a train segregated by class -- around the world again and again.
Tilda Swinton puts on some fancy clothes and funky makeup to play Mason, the representative of the Richie Riches of what's left of the world. She'll be going head to head with Chris Evans, who plays a guy named Curtis who's planning to fight his way to the front of the train and help out his fellow humans. Let's be real; things are looking bleak for Mason and her cohorts.
This is director Bong Joon-ho's first English-language film, and it's adapted from the graphic novel "Le Transperceneige," by Jacques Lob and Jean-Marc Rochette. Fans of Joon-ho's films like "Thirst" and "The Host" will spot Song Kang-ho as a mysterious dude whom Curtis turns to for help. Kang-ho also appeared in "The Good, the Bad, the Weird," "Secret Sunshine," and "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance."
The rest of the cast includes Alison Pill, Jamie Bell, John Hurt, and Octavia Spencer. "Snowpiercer" is one of the more exciting sci-fi films coming out in the near future, especially given Joon-ho's genre credentials and unique vision.
There isn't a U.S. release date for "Snowpiercer" yet, but it will open in Bong Joon-ho's native South Korea this summer.
Around The Web:
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!