In "Snowpiercer," scientists' attempts to stop global warming have backfired and caused another ice age, which has destroyed society as we know it. The catastrophe's survivors ride the eponymous train -- a train segregated by class -- around the world again and again.
Tilda Swinton puts on some fancy clothes and funky makeup to play Mason, the representative of the Richie Riches of what's left of the world. She'll be going head to head with Chris Evans, who plays a guy named Curtis who's planning to fight his way to the front of the train and help out his fellow humans. Let's be real; things are looking bleak for Mason and her cohorts.
This is director Bong Joon-ho's first English-language film, and it's adapted from the graphic novel "Le Transperceneige," by Jacques Lob and Jean-Marc Rochette. Fans of Joon-ho's films like "Thirst" and "The Host" will spot Song Kang-ho as a mysterious dude whom Curtis turns to for help. Kang-ho also appeared in "The Good, the Bad, the Weird," "Secret Sunshine," and "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance."
The rest of the cast includes Alison Pill, Jamie Bell, John Hurt, and Octavia Spencer. "Snowpiercer" is one of the more exciting sci-fi films coming out in the near future, especially given Joon-ho's genre credentials and unique vision.
There isn't a U.S. release date for "Snowpiercer" yet, but it will open in Bong Joon-ho's native South Korea this summer.
- Where to See Oscar Winners and Nominees Next - Pop Sugar
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play Hitman in 'Blood On Snow' - ScreenJunkies
- Actors Who Won Oscars For Playing Real People - Buzz Sugar
- 15 Must-See Time Travel Movies - RottenTomatoes
- 'Zorro' To Get Gritty Reboot - ScreenCrush
- New 'Matrix' Trilogy in the Works - ScreenCrush
- Wes Anderson Animated 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' - Vulture
- Outkast's Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix (Video) - HitFix
- Honest Trailers: '300' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 'Veronica Mars' Character Breakdown - Buzz Sugar