Jaxson Denno doesn't like being lied to, which is exactly what happened when his mom told him he was going to come face-to-face with Iron Man.
According to People, the 18-month-old tyke burst into tears upon meeting Robert Downey Jr., because he was expecting the Marvel Comics superhero. We don't blame the little guy: We'd also be crestfallen to encounter a middle-aged man in jeans and a T-shirt instead of a dude in a sweet suit that can fly. Even if said middle-aged man is Robert Downey Jr.
In the above photo, taken in western Massachusetts where Downey Jr. is filming "The Judge," the suitless "Iron Man" star attempts to comfort a severely disappointed Jaxson. The What the hell do I do now? look on the actor's face is priceless.
"He was fine as soon as he talked to him," Jaxson's mom Heather told People, adding that the boy "was so confused because I kept telling him it was Iron Man and he knew it wasn't. Well, not Iron Man in the suit."
Perhaps Downey Jr. should consider keeping a suit on hand, if only to avoid making other innocent children cry?
- 10 Funny Movies About Parenthood - Pop Sugar
- A Supercut of the Year's Best Films (Video) - Vulture
- NY Film Critics Name 'American Hustle' Best Picture - THR
- 50 Best Fantasy Films of All Time - Rotten Tomatoes
- Ron Burgundy Co-Anchors N. Dakota Newscast (Video) - Screen Junkies
- Why We'll Never Forget Paul Walker - Buzz Sugar
- 5 Fairytales Disney Should Adapt - Hollywood
- Darth Vader Takes a Selfie - Deadline
- Coen Brothers Making Rome Epic? - Hollywood
- The Cast of 'Newsies' Then & Now - Screen Crush