Jaxson Denno doesn't like being lied to, which is exactly what happened when his mom told him he was going to come face-to-face with Iron Man.
According to People, the 18-month-old tyke burst into tears upon meeting Robert Downey Jr., because he was expecting the Marvel Comics superhero. We don't blame the little guy: We'd also be crestfallen to encounter a middle-aged man in jeans and a T-shirt instead of a dude in a sweet suit that can fly. Even if said middle-aged man is Robert Downey Jr.
In the above photo, taken in western Massachusetts where Downey Jr. is filming "The Judge," the suitless "Iron Man" star attempts to comfort a severely disappointed Jaxson. The What the hell do I do now? look on the actor's face is priceless.
"He was fine as soon as he talked to him," Jaxson's mom Heather told People, adding that the boy "was so confused because I kept telling him it was Iron Man and he knew it wasn't. Well, not Iron Man in the suit."
Perhaps Downey Jr. should consider keeping a suit on hand, if only to avoid making other innocent children cry?
Around The Web:
- 30 Spooky Movie Couples - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ludicrous Villains That Were Terrible Horror Monsters - HitFix
- 'Cabin Fever' Is Going to be Remade - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Fight Club' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- Key and Peele Are Finally Making a Movie - Vulture
- Meet the Freaks of 'American Horror Story' - POPSUGAR
- The 11 Worst Batman Villains - Vulture
- 15 Pop-Culture Costumes That Take Very Little Effort - POPSUGAR
- 15 New Details About 'Interstellar' - Vulture
- Best Horror Movies Ever - Rotten Tomatoes