Jaxson Denno doesn't like being lied to, which is exactly what happened when his mom told him he was going to come face-to-face with Iron Man.
According to People, the 18-month-old tyke burst into tears upon meeting Robert Downey Jr., because he was expecting the Marvel Comics superhero. We don't blame the little guy: We'd also be crestfallen to encounter a middle-aged man in jeans and a T-shirt instead of a dude in a sweet suit that can fly. Even if said middle-aged man is Robert Downey Jr.
In the above photo, taken in western Massachusetts where Downey Jr. is filming "The Judge," the suitless "Iron Man" star attempts to comfort a severely disappointed Jaxson. The What the hell do I do now? look on the actor's face is priceless.
"He was fine as soon as he talked to him," Jaxson's mom Heather told People, adding that the boy "was so confused because I kept telling him it was Iron Man and he knew it wasn't. Well, not Iron Man in the suit."
Perhaps Downey Jr. should consider keeping a suit on hand, if only to avoid making other innocent children cry?
- Biggest Movie Headlines - Pop Sugar
- Best & Worst of 2013 - Vulture
- 10 Epic Will Ferrell Moments - Hollywood
- Idris Elba Talks Nelson Mandela Role - THR
- Honest Action: 'Die Hard' (Video) - Screen Junkies
- Best Holiday Movies on Netflix - Buzz Sugar
- Best Movie Mustaches - Rotten Tomatoes
- Toronto Critics Name 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Best Film - HitFix
- 'That Thing You Do!' Then & Now - Screen Crush
- Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Plagiarism - UInterview