It's official: Halle Berry and her fiance Olivier Martinez have a baby boy on the way.
Martinez, 47, didn't shy away from the topic of his son-to-be while at the opening night of the Champs-Élysées Film Festival in Paris on June 12.
"My son will be an American, but I remain French," the actor and 2013 festival president told People. "I'm French -- it's less important. Meaning, I remain a Frenchman in America, but I adapt to American culture. I feel good there -- but I'm still a foreigner. My son will be an American."
Berry and Olivier met and began dating in 2010 while filming the thriller "Dark Tide." After much speculation, Berry confirmed their engagement in March 2012, and the 46-year-old Oscar winner shared the happy -- and wholly unexpected -- news of her pregnancy in April 2013.
"This has been the biggest surprise of my life, to tell you the truth," she admitted to CNN at the time. "Thought I was kind of past the point where this could be a reality for me. So it's been a big surprise and the most wonderful."
Berry and Martinez's coming bundle of joy will have an older sister in Nahla, Berry's 5-year-old daughter from her relationship with model Gabriel Aubry.
As a Champs-Élysées Film Festival guest of honor, Berry and her growing baby bump hit the red carpet on June 13.
- 12 Impossibly Chic French Films That Will Cure Your Cannes Cravings - POPSUGAR
- Loving Zac Efron Does Not Make You a Naughty Mommy - Mom.me
- 9 Things You Definitely Didn't Know About David Letterman - POPSUGAR
- RIHANNA INTRODUCES 'SECRET GARDEN' FULL-LENGTH DIOR SHORT FILM - Wonderwall
- THE ULTIMATE LIST OF 'SURVIVOR' FUN FACTS - Mandatory
- All the Shirtless Chris Evans Movie Moments You Can Handle - POPSUGAR
- 15 Photos of Tom Hardy That May Have Gotten Us Pregnant - Mom.me
- GEORGE CLOONEY: THE FAMILY MAN - Wonderwall
- No One on Game of Thrones Has a Worse Love Life Than Sansa Stark - Popsugar
- WET HOT AMERICAN ACTORS: WHAT'S THE CAST BEEN UP TO THE PAST 15 YEARS? - Mandatory