"Man of Steel" hasn't even opened in U.S. theaters yet, but its sequel is already in the works. Director Zack Snyder and writer David S. Goyer will be returning for the further adventures of Supes, and it seems that Henry Cavill is more than happy to keep wearing those blue tights.
Cavill told the Huffington Post, "How Hollywood works with these kind of things is that when you are doing a screen test, you will sign a contract saying, 'OK, yes, I'll do the movie if you guys want me... And, in that, it's standard procedure to do two options beyond the movie."
This would be a dream come true for almost any actor, but especially one who was convinced he would lose out on the Superman role once again (Cavill was originally picked to play the Man of Steel in an earlier Superman incarnation that never got off the ground).
It seems like a no-brainer to give the greenlight to a sequel, given the word of mouth around "Man of Steel" and the reviews that have just started popping up around the Internet. The embargo broke last night, and "Man of Steel" is already at 71 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. Since Marvel has already mapped out the next few years of its blockbuster plans, DC is eager to catch up. It also doesn't hurt that Warner Bros. wrangled $160 million in product placement for "Man of Steel," slapping Superman's face on everything from Gillette (how does he shave that manly cleft?) to the Army.
We're wondering if the Justice League will be involved in the sequel, or if that will be coming down the pipeline later. Also up in the air is whether or not Christopher Nolan will be as involved this time around. Between his planned projects, like "Interstellar," and the rumors about what Nolan might take on next, his dance card looks pretty full.
Around The Web:
- Bet You Didn't Know All These Actresses Have Famous Dads - POPSUGAR
- Famous People Before They Were Famous - Mom.me
- How to Handle Any Life Situation Like Ari Gold — in GIFs - POPSUGAR
- JENELLE EVANS WANTED BY POLICE FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTACKING NATHAN GRIFFITH - Wonderwall
- THE MOST BIZARRE JOB TITLES ON 'THE BACHELOR' AND 'THE BACHELORETTE' - Mandatory
- 30 New and Returning Shows to Watch This Summer - POPSUGAR
- 11 Celebs Who Married Athletes - Mom.me
- EMILIA CLARKE: I TURNED DOWN FIFTY SHADES OF GREY BECAUSE OF 'AMOUNT OF NUDITY' - Wonderwall
- Before Jurassic World, Revisit Why You Loved Chris Pratt in the First Place - Popsugar
- THE 'TOP GUN' CAST: THEN VS. NOW - Mandatory