CATEGORIES Movie NewsThe grand finale of the "Hangover" trilogy is upon us.
"The Hangover Part III" -- which, apparently, is more insane crime-infused action flick than substance-abuse comedy -- hits theaters May 23. To celebrate, here are ten things you probably didn't know about all three "Hangover" movies.
1. During casting for "The Hangover", Lindsay Lohan was offered the part of Jade, the stripper, but turned it down because she wasn't into the script and thought the movie would bomb. Heather Graham nabbed the role instead, and appears again in Part III. Lohan later admitted to regretting her decision.
2. Ed Helms didn't need a special mouthpiece for his character Stu's missing tooth. In real life, Helms has a tooth implant because his adult incisor never grew in. He simply removed his dental implant for filming.
3. Sean Penn and Robert Downey Jr. were reportedly considered for John Goodman's role in "The Hangover Part III."
4. Former U.S. president Bill Clinton visited the set of "The Hangover Part II" in Bangkok, Thailand. Unfortunately, he didn't film a cameo.
5. The role of the tattoo artist in "The Hangover Part II" was originally intended for Mel Gibson, but that plan was axed after protests from the cast and crew. Liam Neeson played the role instead; but later, director Todd Phillips wanted to reshoot the scene, and Neeson was filming "Wrath of the Titans" at the time. Finally, Nick Cassavetes took on the role, and that's who ended up in the movie.
6. Zach Galifianakis made an alternate music video for Kanye West's song "Can't Tell Me Nothing," which is featured in "The Hangover" soundtrack. It was filmed on Zach's actual farm in North Carolina, and it is hilarious.
7. The original baby from the first "Hangover" movie, Grant Holmquist (pictured above), also appears in "The Hangover Part III." Director Todd Phillips said, "We called up the mom and said hey we're doing another one and we would love to see how Grant is doing. Then they came to my office and he was great and we had so much fun seeing him again." According to People, Grant is very fond of costar Zach Galifianakis. (But who isn't?!)
8. Speaking of kids, Ken Jeong brought his children to the set to watch him film scenes for "Hangover Part III."
9. During production of the first "Hangover," a beat-up Mercedes being used during filming was stolen from the lot. It was recovered the next day when a someone on the production staff spotted the car in traffic while they were filming driving sequences.
10. The release date for "The Hangover Part III" was reportedly moved up a day (to May 23) to avoid direct competition with "Fast & Furious 6," which, arguably, has a very similar audience.