Few actors rival Stallone when it comes to the ability to deliver menacing barbs. And if the trailer is any indication, Bullet to the Head takes full advantage of its star's skills. We see him uttering one-liners, like "Are we gonna fight or do you plan on boring me to death?" and "I take out the trash." (Hopefully there's a lot more where those came from.)
To add to the campy fun, it looks like this time around the aging Sly isn't afraid to poke a bit of fun at himself. The movie sees him paired up with a young whippersnapper played by Sung Kang (The Fast & The Furious) who constantly takes jabs at the 66-year-old action hero, like "Can we listen to something from this century?" as Stallone rocks out to Foreigner's '70s classic "Hot Blooded."
Sometimes, all you really want from a movie is to be able to enjoy it without giving it a lot of thought, and, from the looks of it, Bullet to the Head will deliver on that front. Stallone has certainly been favoring that type of movie lately. He joined his old Planet Hollywood buddies Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis (among many, many others) in The Expendables 2, and has another action/ thriller with Arnie, The Tomb, set to premiere later this year.
Of course, what really sets enjoyable mindless action movies apart from, well, just plain bad mindless action flicks, are the witty barbs. Some of which even go on to appear in many a meme. (Like, y'know, anything Chuck Norris has ever said on the big screen.)
With that in mind, here's a list of 10 of the most memorable movie one-liners that make it clear the bad guys have messed with the wrong guy. Because really, how could insane ass-kicking scenes not follow these legendary quips?
1. "I don't step on toes, I step on necks" - Chuck Norris in Braddock: Missing in Action III.
2. "I'll be back" - Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Terminator
3. "You believe in Jesus? ... Well, you're gonna meet him." - Charles Bronson in Death Wish II.
4. "Get off my lawn" - Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. (Followed closely by Harrison Ford's "Get off my plane!" in Air Force One.)
5. "You're a disease, and I'm the cure." - Sylvester Stallone in Cobra.
6. "I'm gonna take you to the bank, Senator Trent. To the blood bank." - Steven Seagal in Hard to Kill.
7. "This is Sparta!" - Gerard Butler in 300.
8. "How do you like your ribs?" - Carl Weathers in Action Jackson.
9. "That's not a knife. This is a knife." - Paul Hogan in Crocodile Dundee.
10. "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - Mandy Patinkin in The Princess Bride.