Indeed, his movies were critic-proof blockbusters, usually action sagas that were ruthlessly entertaining. His aesthetic was not a subtle one, with its rapid-fire editing and sun-kissed visuals, but it was blunt and effective. Having learned his craft by filming thousands of commercials, he made movies that were essentially advertisements for themselves, selling whatever shiny hardware was on display, whether it was state-of-the-art military weaponry or the pearly grins of Tom Cruise or Denzel Washington. The gleaming surfaces of his pictures were no place to look for deep thought or rich character development, but they did result in some of the most unforgettable and iconic movies of the last 30 years. Here's a list of some of the ones that Scott fans will remember most fondly.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!