CATEGORIES Movie NewsWhen Jason Segel said he was moving on from "The Muppets," he meant it.
"No, no cameo," Segel told The Playlist. "It was a very distinct choice on my part. Of course I was asked to do it. I did exactly what I set out to do, if that makes any sense. My goal was never to take over the helm of 'The Muppets.' They have people who are better equipped for that. My only goal was to bring back the Muppets that I loved. And I did that. I kinda don't know what I have left to do in that regard."
The actor, who starred in and wrote last year's sweetly funny revival about the Jim Henson creations, spoke to Moviefone last month about avoiding a sequel "I worked on [the movie] for half a decade and I know that they're in safe hands with my writing partner and the director."
It looks like Walter will be singing "Man or Muppet" on his own this time around.
Segel's next film, "The Five-Year Engagement," premieres tonight at the the Tribeca Film Festival and opens wide April 27.
[via The Playlist b/w CinemaBlend]