CATEGORIES Movie NewsProspective actors and fans of the 'The Dark Knight' (and 'Leon' and 'Harry Potter' and 'Sid and Nancy' and 'Dracula'), take note: Gary Oldman is giving out some important pointers on life. Esquire recently published the 53-year-old actor's guide to "What He's Learned," and it's full of quirky tidbits and random asides that are funny, bizarre and sometimes a bit existential. First up, what other people think of Oldman is none of his business.
You can check out a few more of our favorite quotes from the piece below. To read the entire article, head over to Esquire.
• "Fuck 'em" [is the] shortest prayer in the world."
• "I wanted to play Dracula because I wanted to say: 'I've crossed oceans of time to find you.' It was worth playing the role just to say that line."
• "You ever go into a house, see a light switch, and it's slightly crooked? Drives me crazy. Crazy."
• "The phone call is often the best part of it. Your agent says, 'They want you to play Hamlet at the Old Vic.' And you go, 'Holy shit! Hamlet at the Old Vic! Wow! God! Fantastic!' Then you hang up and it's 'Fuck, I'm playing Hamlet.'"
• "You're tired? Have a baby, then come back and tell me how tired tired is."
Follow Moviefone on Twitter
Like Moviefone on Facebook