The Rod Lurie-directed remake of 'Straw Dogs' came and went over the weekend with a whimper: the thriller grossed an estimated $5 million, good for a disappointing fifth place at the box office. Not that 'Straw Dogs' will make Hollywood stop churning out remakes. "Studios are fixated on the idea of pre-sold or recognizable brands," Deadline reporter Mike Fleming told HuffPost, "and sometimes they rely too much on those brands. But it's still much easier to make a buck on." And how! Ahead, 16 coming remakes that will hit theaters in the next few years.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!