The Rod Lurie-directed remake of 'Straw Dogs' came and went over the weekend with a whimper: the thriller grossed an estimated $5 million, good for a disappointing fifth place at the box office. Not that 'Straw Dogs' will make Hollywood stop churning out remakes. "Studios are fixated on the idea of pre-sold or recognizable brands," Deadline reporter Mike Fleming told HuffPost, "and sometimes they rely too much on those brands. But it's still much easier to make a buck on." And how! Ahead, 16 coming remakes that will hit theaters in the next few years.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!