The Rod Lurie-directed remake of 'Straw Dogs' came and went over the weekend with a whimper: the thriller grossed an estimated $5 million, good for a disappointing fifth place at the box office. Not that 'Straw Dogs' will make Hollywood stop churning out remakes. "Studios are fixated on the idea of pre-sold or recognizable brands," Deadline reporter Mike Fleming told HuffPost, "and sometimes they rely too much on those brands. But it's still much easier to make a buck on." And how! Ahead, 16 coming remakes that will hit theaters in the next few years.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!