Sad news to pass along from Hollywood: veteran Hollywood producer and former studio head John Calley passed away on Monday night at the age of 81. You may not know his name, but Calley was responsible for some of the best films of the '60s and '70s during his tenure as vice president -- and later president -- of Warner Bros. studios. "Under Calley, Warners became the class act in town," wrote Peter Biskind in his 1998 book 'Easy Riders, Raging Bulls: How the Sex-Drugs-And-Rock 'N' Roll Generation Saved Hollywood.' Ahead, the five key films from Calley's Warner Bros. career.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!