Today on indieWIRE, we ran through the 10 notable films that didn't make the cut at TIFF, we told you when a forgotten-about Julia Roberts film was coming out, we profiled the up-and-coming director of 'Circumstance,' and much more.
- The TIFF Skip List: Here Are 10 Films Not Heading to Toronto: The Toronto International Film Festival finalized its 36th annual lineup yesterday, with 268 features representing 68 countries.
- How to Make Your First Feature Film for $5,000: Back in the early '90s, making a movie for $5,000 was the stuff of legend. Nowadays, that number is practical.
- Julia Roberts and Ryan Reynolds' 'Fireflies in the Garden' Finally Getting Released: How often does a film starring Julia Roberts and Ryan Reynolds sit on a shelf for three and half years? I guess about as often as one starring Matt Damon, Mark Ruffalo and Anna Paquin.
- FUTURES | 'Circumstance' Director-Writer Maryam Keshavarz Can't Go Home Again: Why she's on our Radar: Because in a great year at Sundance, her feature narrative directorial debut 'Circumstance' beat out a crop of impressive films (including 'Martha Marcy May Marlene,' 'Another Earth,' 'Take Shelter' and 'Pariah') to win the coveted Audience Award.
- iW's Online Video of the Day: Jim Carrey Declares His Love for Emma Stone: Jim Carrey (49), who broke up with his longtime girlfriend Jenny McCarthy last year, made the interesting decision to post a video love letter to Emma Stone (22) on his official website on Wednesday.
- In My Own Words: Jeff Prosserman Shares a Scene From 'Chasing Madoff': When the Bernard Madoff scandal broke in December of 2008, I was fascinated with the magnitude of the scheme and the scope of what thousands of people had lost.
- 'We Are What We Are' and 'Metalocalypse' Directors Join 'The ABCs of Death': Drafthouse Films, Magnet Pictures and Timpson Films have come close to finalizing the list of 26 directors lined up to helm segments for their international co-production 'The ABCs of Death.'
- 'Metropolis' Returns to Theaters, This Time With Giorgio Moroder's '80s Soundtrack: Fritz Lang's 'Metropolis' seems to be the classic that keeps on giving.
- WATCH: Guillermo del Toro at Lincoln Center: "What's great is when distributors are brave.": On August 8, Guillermo del Toro made a special appearance at the Film Society of Lincoln Center with Film Comment Selects: 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark,' along with stars Katie Holmes and Bailee Madison, and director Troy Nixey.
- Watch: Gritty Trailer for Paddy Considine's Directorial Debut 'Tyrannosaur': Paddy Considine, the accomplished British actor likely best known stateside for his turn alongside Samantha Morton in 'In America,' impressed Sundance audiences this year, not for his acting chops but for his undeniable talent behind the camera.
- Watch: Trailer for the Silent Movie Sensation 'The Artist': So, are you one of those people who refuses to watch a film that's in black and white or worst yet [shudder] a silent movie?
- 'Circumstance's' Maryam Keshavarz Faces Threats, Fears DVD Release: Maryam Keshavarz can't go home again.
CATEGORIES 'Fone Finds