Christian Bale is busy kicking Bane's ass (we assume) but what'll he do once 'The Dark Knight Rises' wraps? That's a question that some of the biggest names in Hollywood are holding their breath over.
Bale's potential dance list includes Clint Eastwood, Michael Mann, Spike Lee and Darren Aronofsky, all of whom he's keeping waiting until Christopher Nolan is done with him on the third and final Batman film.
- Eastwood wants Bale for his remake of 'A Star Is Born,' starring Beyoncé Knowles, although it's not clear if he'd be replacing Leonardo DiCaprio (Eastwood's leading man in 'J. Edgar') as the male lead.
- Bale could opt for Mann's 'Gold,' a contemporary 'Treasure of the Sierra Madre'-esque tale about prospectors and speculators.
- He could play the villain in Lee's remake of Korean thriller 'Oldboy.'
- We can totally see Bale in the gritty 'Out of the Furnace,' about an ex-con who's out to avenge his brother's death. 'Crazy Heart' helmer Scott Cooper will direct.
- And last but not least, can you picture Bale as Noah for Aronofsky's biblical epic? The actor was sporting a pretty epic beard right before the Oscars.
Most of these films are set to begin filming at the end of the year and 'Dark Knight Rises' shoots through this fall. Bale's already wrapped 'The 13 Women of Nanjing,' which is due out in 2012.
What project would you like to see Bale do next?
Image courtesy of Jacqueline Larma/AP Photo