Today on indieWIRE, we recapped the weekend's news and box office numbers, learned why to shoot a movie in a small town, David Lynch added solo recording artist to his resume, and David Cronenberg and Pedro Almodovar will get galas at the 49th New York Film Festival.
- Todd Haynes and Julianne Moore Reteam for HBO Series, 'Dope': Todd Haynes has reportedly reteamed with the HBO miniseries' executive producers, John Wells and Christine Vachon, for another go-round at HBO.
- indieWIRE's Weekend Recap: Here Are Nine Stories You May Have Missed: In case you were away from your computer this weekend, here's a tidy package of our weekend coverage that includes interviews straight from the Locarno Film Festival, box office reports, a first look at Jason Reitman's latest and much more.
- Box Office: 'Senna' Scores Year's Best Doc Debut (UPDATED): Asif Kapadia's acclaimed documentary 'Senna' found glowing numbers in its limited debut this weekend.
- Locarno Fest Fetes 'Back to Stay' & 'Best Intentions' in Weekend Awards: Argentine/Swiss production 'Abrir Puertas Y Ventanas' (Back to Stay) won the golden leopard at the Locarno Film Festival over the weekend, capping the 10-day event.
- David Lynch Set to Drop Solo Album Featuring Karen O This Fall: David Lynch, recording artist? You heard that right.
- Eight Great Reasons to Shoot Your Movie in a Small Town : It's only natural: You make a movie, you think New York. Or Los Angeles. No one thinks Biddeford, Maine (Pop.: 21,000).
- David Cronenberg & Pedro Almodovar Get Galas at 49th New York Film Festival: In a first for the New York Film Festival, two galas will join the Opening, Centerpiece and Closing Night galas, rounding out the total of gala screenings to five.
- 'The Aviator' & 'Gladiator' Writer John Logan Teams With Patti Smith to Adapt Her Memoir 'Just Kids': John Logan, the writer behind 'Gladiator,' 'The Aviator' and Steven Spielberg's forthcoming 'Lincoln' will team with Smith in writing the script for 'Just Kids.'