CATEGORIES 'Fone Finds
Today on indieWIRE, we recapped the weekend, the saga that is Lars von Trier continued, 'Gun Hill Road' got sized up and much more.
- In case you were away from your computer this weekend, here's a tidy package of our weekend coverage.
- Here's your daily dose of an indie film in progress (from indieWire's Project of the Day); at the end of the week, you'll have the chance to vote for your favorite.
- Drake Doremus' 'Like Crazy' was no doubt the biggest hit at Sundance this year. It nabbed the Grand Jury Prize and a Special Jury Prize for up-and-coming actress Felicity Jones. Check out the just released trailer here.
- Move over Michael Moore and make way for Max Fisher. As the seventh edition of the Traverse City Film Festival came to a close yesterday, the director making the biggest impression wasn't the festival's famous co-founder, but the young local who directed an 8eight-minute short known as 'Traverse City LipDub 2011.'
- With 2,400 young and noisy YouTube fanatics, this weekend's sell-out crowd could have been mistaken for a rave. However, VidCon 2011 was something even more radical: It's a next-gen vaudeville show that wants to become a showcase for the future of entertainment. More here.
- Sure, his next film is the subtly titled 'Nymphomaniac,' which follows the erotic life of a woman from infancy to middle age. But in a Lars von Trier first, he'll create two versions for theatrical release: one a hardcore cut, the other a softer version tailored for mainstream cinemas. Read more ... and check out The Playlist's coverage on the notorious director.
- Until 'Zoolander 2' happens, 'The FP' is the closest we'll get to a whole movie about breakdance fighting. The film that created a buzz at SXSW this spring now has a home.