Today on indieWIRE, a slew of reviews dropped, Miranda July looked back at her first feature, we recapped this weekend's best news highlights and much more.
- In case you were away from your computer this weekend, here's a tidy package of our weekend coverage that includes news from Comic-Con, box office reports, a big trailer debut and more.
- Eric Kohn offered his take on four anticipated releases that drop this weekend: 'The Future,' 'Point Blank,' 'The Interrupters' and 'The Guard.'
- Comic-Con wrapped up yesterday, but not without a few more noteworthy panels and announcements.
- As of August 31, film website Gordon and the Whale will be shutting down. In a heartfelt letter to readers, owner and editor-in-chief Chase Whale explained that the website will no longer be creating fresh content at the end of next month. Go here for more.
- "'Crazy Stupid Love' may have an obvious title, but it is something truly rare: a comedy as romantic and funny the second time you see it as the first,' wrote Caryn James in her review of the romantic comedy. Go here for full review.
- This month indieWIRE turns 15. In honor of our decade and a half in the game, we've dug through our vaults to uncover some old goodies. Every day this month check back for some old classics. Today, we step back to 2005 with an interview Gary M. Kramer had with multimedia artist Miranda July upon the release of her first feature film,'Me and You and Everyone We Know.' Her second feature, 'The Future,' opens this Friday through Roadside Attractions.
- "I hate to beat a dead horse, but 'The Undefeated,' the Sarah Palin documentary, has finally been revealed as the modest box office performer that it always was," wrote Anthony Kaufman in his analysis of the film's box office performance. Go here for his full report.
CATEGORIES 'Fone Finds