CATEGORIES 'Fone Finds
Today on indieWIRE, we shared Stanley Kubrick's fanmail, spoke with 'Project Nim' director James Marsh and 'Weekend' actor Tom Cullen, and more:
- Actor and filmmaker Michael Tully spoke extensively about a scene from his film 'Septien,' which played at Sundance earlier this year and will be released by IFC Films this Friday.
- indieWIRE critic Eric Kohn reviewed Michael Rappaport's documentary about rap group A Tribe Called Quest.
- Oscar winner and 'Nim' director James Marsh talked documentary structure, Herzog, and 'March of the Penguins.'
- We were pretty intrigued by the fan mail we found today from Stanley Kubrick to Ingmar Bergman. Now we're just waiting for Lars von Trier's fan letters to Leni Riefenstahl.
- Andrew Haigh's 'Weekend' is getting a lot of buzz on the festival circuit, and its lead actor, Tom Cullen, spoke to us in Provincetown about what drew him to the project.
- Ever since it was announced that Meryl Streep was set to embody Margaret Thatcher in 'The Iron Lady,' awards pundits started placing their bets. The Weinstein Company is banking on Streep cleaning up by releasing the Phyllida Lloyd ('Mamma Mia!') directed drama at the height of awards season in the U.S. on Dec. 16. Go here for the teaser.
- Relativity Media acquired North American rights from Lionsgate to Marc Forster's ('Monster's Ball') latest, 'Machine Gun Preacher,' starring Gerard Butler. The film will hit Los Angeles and New York on Sept. 23.