Today at indieWIRE, 'Natural Selection' star Rachael Harris chatted about her breakthrough performance, David Cronenberg's latest got a trailer, James Franco premiered his latest project in Los Angeles, and much more.
- Directed by first-timer Robbie Pickering from his Hollywood blacklist screenplay, 'Natural Selection' swept the SXSW awards in March, landing trophies for Pickering in addition to breakthrough performance nods for Harris and Matt O'Leary. Check out the full interview here.
- This week on Small Screens, Todd Haynes' debut still packs a punch, a doc delves into the business side of the female orgasm, Uma Thurman seduces a youngster, and much more.
- "This is a slow film on purpose," James Franco told an audience at the downtown Los Angeles premiere of 'The Broken Tower,' the new movie he recently directed about the life and work of poet Hart Crane. "This is not 'Pineapple Express.' "
- Over the weekend, the Los Angeles Film Festival hosted a number of panels and other events with a wide variety of film community figures. In between covering various screenings, indieWIRE attended a few of these public discussions. Here are the highlights.
- First time filmmaker David Guy Levy caught up with indieWIRE to discuss turning the camera on himself (with a flip camera, no less) with his debut 'A Love Affair of Sorts.' The film opens in limited release this Friday.
- George Clooney's fourth directorial effort, 'The Ides of March,' will open the Venice Film Festival on August 31. This marks the first of what will be a series of announcements surrounding the major fall festivals, which indieWIRE extensively speculated about Monday. More here.
- So something funny happened the other night at a special (and very posh) Upper East Side screening of the creepy-as-hell psychological thriller 'The Perfect Host,' at The Core Club. The film's first-time director, Nick Tomnay, admitted to being a psychopath. For context go here.
- Thompson on Hollywood reports: Sony Pictures Classics scooped up U.S. rights to David Cronenberg's 'A Dangerous Method' last week and has released the official trailer. Watch it here.