CATEGORIES 'Fone Finds
Today on indieWIRE, we rounded up the films we hope will make it to festivals this fall, Pixar got everyone excited for November 27, 2013 (don't worry, it's not the apocalypse) and much more.
- Even as Cannes announced its lineup, speculation and predictions loomed about what was in store for the two biggest festivals of the late summer. Click here to see what we're hoping makes it to the big events.
- During a sometimes hilarious and other times straightforward awards ceremony at the 13th annual Provincetown International Film Festival, Darren Aronofsky took to the stage with legendary provocateur John Waters for a lively discussion.
- Woody Allen's projects are always chock-full of in-demand actors and his latest is no exception. On Monday, Allen released the full cast for his next project, 'The Bop Decameron.' It's a doozy. Starring in alphabetical order are: Woody Allen, Alec Baldwin, Roberto Benigni, Penélope Cruz, Judy Davis, Jesse Eisenberg, Greta Gerwig and Ellen Page. Co-stars include Antonio Albanese, Fabio Armiliata, Alessandra Mastronardi, Ornella Muti, Flavio Parenti, Alison Pill, Riccardo Scamarcio and Alessandro Tiberi. More here.
- Each week, we usually gather up four or five projects in progress to feature in a single column. Now it's going to be a daily feature, so we can give the spotlight to a single project each day. Today's is 'The "The Last Summer,' in which Luke and Jonah, high school sweethearts in a rural southern town, prepare themselves to say goodbye as they spend one final summer together.
- Pedro Almodovar's latest film, 'The Skin I Live In,' is based on Thierry Jonque's novel 'Tarantula,' and follows crazed plastic surgeon Robert Ledgard (Antonio Banderas) who's using pig genes to create impenetrable human skin. He also keeps a strange woman captive in his home (although she does have fabulous skin). Watch the trailer here.
- According to estimates provided by Rentrak earlier Monday, Andrew Rossi's "'Page One: A Year Inside the New York Times,' and Cindy Meehl's 'Buck,' posted respectable debuts on a handful of screens.
- Pixar plots mystery original blockbuster for November 27, 2013. Let the guessing game begin. More here.