Today on indieWIRE Darren Aronofsky goes commercial (literally), 'Hustle & Flow' director Craig Brewer takes on a franchise and more.
- Bill Haney's 'The Last Mountain,' which screened at Sundance, will open in New York and Washington on Friday. indieWIRE got the chance to question Haney about his filmmaking process, the inspiration for the film and his upcoming projects.
- This week's in-production column put the spotlight on Sean Gallagher's 'Good Night.' Click here to read more about the film, as well as four other promising projects.
- 'Hustle & Flow' director Craig Brewer made the news today with the announcement that he will direct a trilogy of Tarzan films. indieWIRE took a look at why he may be making the fastest transition yet from Sundance darling to franchise filmmaker.
- Eric Kohn championed 'Film Socialism' for exemplifying Jean-Luc Godard's talent. "With a ruminative approach to memory and nationality that has no specific parallel in contemporary cinema," stated Kohn, "Godard breaks the boundaries of film language by simply ignoring them."
- Darren Aronofsky has followed up his decision to withdraw from 'The Wolverine' with ... a commercial for Revlon, featuring Jessica Biel. The Playlist posted the spot.
CATEGORIES 'Fone Finds