Whistle while you work. Relativity Media has cast the seven dwarfs in its upcoming Snow White fairy tale competitor to Universal's 'Snow White and the Huntsman.' (On Tuesday, Relativity announced that the yet-to-be-titled movie will open on March 16, 2012, to one up Universal's decision to move up its Snow White project from Dec. 21, 2012 to June 1, 2012.) In addition to the dwarfs, Relativity tapped Michael Lerner to play Baron and Mare Winningham to play Baker Margaret. Relativity's press release announcing the castings describes the film as a reimagining of the classic fairy tale in which an evil queen steals control of a kingdom and an exiled princess enlists the help of seven resourceful rebels to win back her birthright. Julia Roberts plays the Queen, Lily Collins plays Snow White, Armie Hammer plays Prince Andrew Alcott and Nathan Lane plays the Queen's hapless and bungling servant, Brighton. The seven dwarfs: Mark Povinelli ('Water for Elephants'), Jordan Prentice ('Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle'), Danny Woodburn ('Watchmen'), Sebastian Saraceno ('Bedtime Stories'), Ronald Lee Clark ('Epic Movie'), Martin Klebba ('Hancock') and Joey Gnoffo ('Pirates of the Caribbean'). Tarsem Singh directs.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!