Whistle while you work. Relativity Media has cast the seven dwarfs in its upcoming Snow White fairy tale competitor to Universal's 'Snow White and the Huntsman.' (On Tuesday, Relativity announced that the yet-to-be-titled movie will open on March 16, 2012, to one up Universal's decision to move up its Snow White project from Dec. 21, 2012 to June 1, 2012.) In addition to the dwarfs, Relativity tapped Michael Lerner to play Baron and Mare Winningham to play Baker Margaret. Relativity's press release announcing the castings describes the film as a reimagining of the classic fairy tale in which an evil queen steals control of a kingdom and an exiled princess enlists the help of seven resourceful rebels to win back her birthright. Julia Roberts plays the Queen, Lily Collins plays Snow White, Armie Hammer plays Prince Andrew Alcott and Nathan Lane plays the Queen's hapless and bungling servant, Brighton. The seven dwarfs: Mark Povinelli ('Water for Elephants'), Jordan Prentice ('Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle'), Danny Woodburn ('Watchmen'), Sebastian Saraceno ('Bedtime Stories'), Ronald Lee Clark ('Epic Movie'), Martin Klebba ('Hancock') and Joey Gnoffo ('Pirates of the Caribbean'). Tarsem Singh directs.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!