CATEGORIES 'Fone Finds
- Curious about Lars von Trier's reaction to becoming "Persona Non Grata" at Cannes? indieWIRE was able to interview the exiled director, who spoke directly about the recent controversy. "I was extremely stupid," he said, "but on the other hand we should worry about not being able to talk about certain things."
- Stephanie Sigman has been making waves with her first lead role in Gerardo Naranjo's 'Miss Bala.' indieWIRE profiled the actress, asking her about taking on such a demanding part and her plans for the future.
- indieWIRE profiled Sean Kirkpatrick, who wrote and directed Relativity Media's Rogue and AMC Theaters' Big Break Movie Contest winner 'Cost of Soul.' Click here to read Kirkpatrick's thoughts on winning the contest.
- Cannes reviews: indieWIRE lead critic Eric Kohn was not pleased with 'This Must Be the Place,' calling the film "too much of a godawful mess to merit serious moral scrutiny." Kohn also got a chance late last night to see 'Drive,' praising the film for being "a hyperactive love letter to road rage with unapologetic glee." Finally, Kohn reviewed 'Oslo, August 31st,' which he deemed "a powerful, upfront document of a recovering drug addict confronting the demons of his past."
- Cannes selected the three winners for the Cinéfondation prizes. The awards went to Doroteya Droumeva's 'The Letter,' Kamal Lazraq's 'Drari' and Son Tae-gyum's 'Fly by Night.'
- Anne Thompson is back on the Oscar beat, this time from Cannes.