- "More meditation than movie, Terrence Malick's 'The Tree of Life' is bound to mystify, awe and exasperate in equal measures," wrote Eric Kohn in his review of Malick's mega-anticipated opus. The time spanning drama earned an A-. Click here to read the full review.
- Dana Harris caught the press conference following the early morning screening, where Malick was notably absent.
- Henry Hopper, son of late actor Dennis Hopper, has been turning heads on La Croisette following the premiere of Gus Van Sant's 'Restless,' which kicked off the Un Certain Regard section last week. Brian Brooks caught up with the up-and-comer to discuss how he's handling the pressure.
- Anne Thompson made it to the packed press screening of 'The Tree of Life' in the wee hours of the morning and dished on the house's mixed reactions to the film.
- Thompson also reported on Harvey Weinstein's Cannes buying spree. The man of the hour is said to be circling John Hillcoat's bootlegger drama 'Wettest County,' starring Shia LaBeouf, Tom Hardy and Guy Pearce.
- The Playlist hated Bertrand Bonello's' 'L'Apollonide,' slapping the film with an F. Among some choice quotes from the review: "...woefully misguided," "...preposterous," "...an exploitative piece of fimmaking."
CATEGORIES 'Fone Finds