CATEGORIES 'Fone Finds
Today on indieWIRE a ton of Cannes news broke, Durham got some love and Tribeca got hyped ahead of its kick-off tomorrow.
- In the wee hours of the morning The Cannes Directors Fortnight revealed its 2011 selection, with 21 features taking part in this year's lineup. Additionally, 14 shorts and four special screenings will round out this year's selections.
- At around the same time, the Festival de Cannes unveiled nine short films that will compete for its short film Palme d'Or on closing night (May 22).
- On top of all this,the the full Competition Jury for this year's event was revealed. Uma Thurman, Jude Law, Olivier Assayas and Johnny To are among those joining Robert DeNiro on the Jury.
- In other festival related news, indieWIRE's Eric Kohn dropped down in Florida over the weekend for the 20th annual Florida Film Festival. Read his rundown of the 26-year-old theater that has served as an anchor for the event since its inception.
- Meanwhile, over in Durham, N.C., indieWIRE checked out the Full Frame Documentary Festival and offered its take on this year's edition.
- In anticipation of the 10th Tribeca Film Festival that kicks off tomorrow, check out three new filmmaker interviews with directors taking part in the New York event. We also have the list of artists speaking at the Apple and indieWIRE Meet the Filmmaker series at the Apple Store in SoHo.
- Speaking of Tribeca, head over to Spout to read Ten Picks for Must-See Flicks.
- In indieWIRE's weekly Small Screens column that spotlights five of this week's hottest DVD/Blu-ray and VOD picks, 'Rabbit Hole' and 'The Princess of Montpensier' made the cut.
- Over at James on screenS, critic Caryn James opts for Sofia Coppola's latest effort, 'Somewhere.'