Today on indieWIRE Morgan Spurlock dished on making the 'Greatest Movie,' Cannes announced another lineup, Lars Von Trier went easy on Kirsten Dunst, and more.
- It's a challenge to criticize product placement in a film when the whole movie centers on the art of selling out. Morgan Spurlock ('Super Size Me,' 'Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?') goes full tilt with this in his latest, 'POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold.' Click here to see indieWIRE's interview with Spurlock to see how he dissected the whole process.
- Web-based indie distributor and retailer IndiePix has entered the VOD market with IndiePix Unlimited, a subscription-based VOD store with 200 films on offer. IndiePix Unlimited launches April 19 at 9am ET, with a going rate of $7.95 a month.
- The lineup for the 50th anniversary of the Critics' Week program at the Cannes Film Festival was announced earlier today. The oldest of the parallel sections at Cannes, Critics' Week will have seven feature films comprising the main selection, as well as four special feature film screenings and 10 short films. Click here for the lineup.
- One of Cannes' most anticipated films, Lars von Trier's end of world drama 'Melancholia,' made waves last when the first trailer hit. The Playlist re-purposed snippets from an interview Trier did with Empire in which he discussed how easy lead star Kirsten Dunst had it on set.
- Tribeca Film Festival executive director Nancy Schafer took time out from her busy schedule to share her thoughts on the festival's 10th anniversary with indieWIRE.
- In other Tribeca related news, three additions to the annual Meet the Tribeca Filmmakers series hit today.
- Today also marked the unveiling of the list of Tribeca's jury members for the 2011 edition. The 38 filmmakers, screenwriters, actors, journalists and media peers include David O. Russell, David Gordon Green, Dianne Wiest, Souleymane Cissé, Whoopi Goldberg, Paul Dano, Zoe Kazan, Rainn Wilson, Anna Kendrick, Michael Cera, Denis Leary, Atom Egoyan and Fran Lebowitz. Thompson on Hollywood has the full list.
CATEGORIES 'Fone Finds