Ryan Gosling may be returning to his Disney roots. (Although it's easy to forget, the intense indie actor started off as a Mousketeer, alongside Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears.)
He's in talks to take on the role of the masked avenger in Disney's upcoming 'The Lone Ranger.' Johnny Depp has long been slated for the role of Tonto.
Whether Gosling can take on the legendary hero depends on his schedule; he's already committed to 'Logan's Run' this fall.
Matthew McConaughey's name was floated back in 2009 for the title role. At the time, the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' team of director Gore Verbinski, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and writers Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott were all on board. Now script duties have been handed off to 'Revolutionary Road's Justin Haythe.
'The Lone Ranger' is currently set for a 2014 release.
- The Queen's Most — and Least! — Royal Moments Through the Years - POPSUGAR
- Messy Celebrity Sibling Feuds - Mom.me
- Blake Lively Says Their Daughter Looks Just Like Ryan Reynolds - POPSUGAR
- The 7 Most Epic TV Love Triangles - College Candy
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Breaks Records With 88 Million Views Read More: ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Trailer Breaks Record With 88 Million Views - ScreenCrush
- A History of Zac Efron and Sami Miró's Sweetest Social Media Snaps - POPSUGAR
- Limited-Edition Beanie Baby May Be Worth Big Bucks - Mom.me
- Jon Stewart Sets Final ‘Daily Show’ - Screen Crush
- Rihanna's New Snaps Are Rihonestly Sexy - Popsugar
- Tomorrowland’s New Trailer: Wait, This Movie Was a Kick-ass Thriller This Whole Time? - Vulture