Ryan Gosling may be returning to his Disney roots. (Although it's easy to forget, the intense indie actor started off as a Mousketeer, alongside Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears.)
He's in talks to take on the role of the masked avenger in Disney's upcoming 'The Lone Ranger.' Johnny Depp has long been slated for the role of Tonto.
Whether Gosling can take on the legendary hero depends on his schedule; he's already committed to 'Logan's Run' this fall.
Matthew McConaughey's name was floated back in 2009 for the title role. At the time, the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' team of director Gore Verbinski, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and writers Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott were all on board. Now script duties have been handed off to 'Revolutionary Road's Justin Haythe.
'The Lone Ranger' is currently set for a 2014 release.
- 12 Impossibly Chic French Films That Will Cure Your Cannes Cravings - POPSUGAR
- Loving Zac Efron Does Not Make You a Naughty Mommy - Mom.me
- What the Mad Men Stars Are Doing Next - POPSUGAR
- LINDSAY LOHAN'S LEGAL WOES - Wonderwall
- 20 MOVIES YOU WON'T BELIEVE ARE 20 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR - Mandatory
- What's The Deal With Grayscale? Let's Investigate - POPSUGAR
- 15 Photos of Tom Hardy That May Have Gotten Us Pregnant - Mom.me
- CELEBS POSTING ABOUT #REDNOSEDAYUSA ON SOCIAL MEDIA - Wonderwall
- The Top 10 Goodbyes to David Letterman - Popsugar
- THE TOP 10 FILMS THAT RUINED THEIR FILM FRANCHISE - Mandatory