Ryan Gosling may be returning to his Disney roots. (Although it's easy to forget, the intense indie actor started off as a Mousketeer, alongside Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears.)
He's in talks to take on the role of the masked avenger in Disney's upcoming 'The Lone Ranger.' Johnny Depp has long been slated for the role of Tonto.
Whether Gosling can take on the legendary hero depends on his schedule; he's already committed to 'Logan's Run' this fall.
Matthew McConaughey's name was floated back in 2009 for the title role. At the time, the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' team of director Gore Verbinski, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and writers Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott were all on board. Now script duties have been handed off to 'Revolutionary Road's Justin Haythe.
'The Lone Ranger' is currently set for a 2014 release.
- '90s Baseball Movies - Pop Sugar
- 14 TV Deaths We Never Saw Coming - HitFix
- Johnny Depp's Wackiest Movie Looks - Buzz Sugar
- The Best (and Worst) Bible Epics - RottenTomatoes
- 17 Most Memorable 'Mad Men' Moments - HitFix
- Which 'Mean Girls' Character Are You? - Buzz Sugar
- Derek Hough Talks 'Dancing with the Stars' (Video) - Uinterview
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Photos - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Game of Thrones' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly Reteam for Immigration Comedy - Vulture