Ryan Gosling may be returning to his Disney roots. (Although it's easy to forget, the intense indie actor started off as a Mousketeer, alongside Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears.)
He's in talks to take on the role of the masked avenger in Disney's upcoming 'The Lone Ranger.' Johnny Depp has long been slated for the role of Tonto.
Whether Gosling can take on the legendary hero depends on his schedule; he's already committed to 'Logan's Run' this fall.
Matthew McConaughey's name was floated back in 2009 for the title role. At the time, the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' team of director Gore Verbinski, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and writers Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott were all on board. Now script duties have been handed off to 'Revolutionary Road's Justin Haythe.
'The Lone Ranger' is currently set for a 2014 release.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!