Ryan Gosling may be returning to his Disney roots. (Although it's easy to forget, the intense indie actor started off as a Mousketeer, alongside Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears.)
He's in talks to take on the role of the masked avenger in Disney's upcoming 'The Lone Ranger.' Johnny Depp has long been slated for the role of Tonto.
Whether Gosling can take on the legendary hero depends on his schedule; he's already committed to 'Logan's Run' this fall.
Matthew McConaughey's name was floated back in 2009 for the title role. At the time, the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' team of director Gore Verbinski, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and writers Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott were all on board. Now script duties have been handed off to 'Revolutionary Road's Justin Haythe.
'The Lone Ranger' is currently set for a 2014 release.
- Iconic Old Hollywood Costumes for Halloween - POPSUGAR
- 'The Simpsons' & 'Family Guy' Finally Meet - HitFix
- See the First 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Set Photos - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'The Fault in Our Stars' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- How Chris Pratt Became the Biggest Star of 2014 - Vulture
- Meet the Freaks of 'American Horror Story' - POPSUGAR
- The 11 Worst Batman Villains - Vulture
- 24 Hilarious Zack Galifianakis Moments (GIFS) - POPSUGAR
- 9 Weird Ben Affleck Movies - Vulture
- James Franco's 'Saturday Night Live' Documentary: A Must Watch For Any 'SNL' Fan - ScreenCrush