CATEGORIES 'Fone Finds
Today on indieWIRE: 'Meek's Cutoff' comes out on top, Kim Cattrall heads for a trailer park, and a SXSW breakout finds a home.
- In indieWIRE's new weekly column, Critical Consensus, 'Meek's Cutoff' came out as the reigning champ of the week, which bodes well for the indie Western.
- With the 10th Tribeca Film Festival drawing near, indieWIRE published interviews with three filmmakers as part of the annual Meet the Tribeca Filmmaker series.
- "Fantasy Meets Reality" reads the tagline on the poster for 'Meet Monica Velour,' which stars Kim Cattrall as a washed up porn star. Check out indieWIRE's review to see if Cattrall succeeded at taking a turn to the trashy side.
- Over in Dallas, indieWIRE caught up with director Gil Cates Jr., who's new film, 'Lucky,' was picked up for distribution a day ahead of its world premiere at the 2011 Dallas International Film Festival. Click here to learn what inspired Cates to helm the dark comedy that stars Colin Hanks.
- In another interview, Thompson on Hollywood posted a preview of director Joe Wright's ('Hanna') interview with Vanity Fair. Be on the lookout for indieWIRE's interview with the filmmaker tomorrow.
- Today, news hit that both Joshua Marston's follow up to 'Maria Full of Grace,' 'The Forgiveness of Blood' and SXSW breakout 'Attack the Block' were picked up for distribution.