'The Hunger Games' has found its two male leads. Josh Hutcherson, who's been campaigning for the role, will play teen combatant Peeta, while Liam Hemsworth was previously only penciled in as a possibility for Gale.
Lionsgate announced today in a release that Hutcherson ('The Kids Are All Right') and Hemsworth ('The Last Song') are confirmed for the roles in the hot new trilogy based on Suzanne Collins' best-selling book series.
They join Oscar-nominated Jennifer Lawrence, who'll play heroine Katniss Everdeen in the epic about a post-apocalyptic future in which one boy and one girl must fight to the death in an annual televised event called The Hunger Games.
Other names tossed around for these key male roles including rising stars Alex Pettyfer, Logan Lerman, Adam Butcher, Hunter Parrish, Lukas Till, Alexander Ludwig, Evan Peters and David Henrie.
Gary Ross ('Seabiscuit,' 'Pleasantville') will direct the film, which is scheduled for a March 23, 2012 release date.
[Via Entertainment Weekly]
- Sarah Michelle Gellar's Most Badass 'Buffy' Moments - POPSUGAR
- Hidden Disney Characters - Mom.me
- The Most Epic 'Glee' Performances of All Time - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailers: 'Leprechaun' - ScreenJunkies
- 10 Amazing Movie-Themed Home Theaters - ScreenCrush
- That Time Shailene Woodley Movie-Dated All Her 'Insurgent' Costars - POPSUGAR
- Historical Celebrity Lookalikes - Mom.me
- HBO's Kurt Cobain Documentary Will Be Release in Theaters - POPSUGAR
- Which 'Taken' Knockoff Is the Best? - Vulture
- Child Stars: Where Are They Now - Mom.me