'The Hunger Games' has found its two male leads. Josh Hutcherson, who's been campaigning for the role, will play teen combatant Peeta, while Liam Hemsworth was previously only penciled in as a possibility for Gale.
Lionsgate announced today in a release that Hutcherson ('The Kids Are All Right') and Hemsworth ('The Last Song') are confirmed for the roles in the hot new trilogy based on Suzanne Collins' best-selling book series.
They join Oscar-nominated Jennifer Lawrence, who'll play heroine Katniss Everdeen in the epic about a post-apocalyptic future in which one boy and one girl must fight to the death in an annual televised event called The Hunger Games.
Other names tossed around for these key male roles including rising stars Alex Pettyfer, Logan Lerman, Adam Butcher, Hunter Parrish, Lukas Till, Alexander Ludwig, Evan Peters and David Henrie.
Gary Ross ('Seabiscuit,' 'Pleasantville') will direct the film, which is scheduled for a March 23, 2012 release date.
[Via Entertainment Weekly]
- 16 Reasons You Should Take Pride in Being a Miranda - POPSUGAR
- Celeb Parents Look Hot in Towels, Too - Mom.me
- The Outrageous, Bloody, True Story of Lizzie Borden - POPSUGAR
- The Next Ice Bucket Challenge? Find Out Why These Celebrities Are Biting Into Limes - College Candy
- 10 ‘Mad Men’ Facts to Advertise Your Sterling Trivia Knowledge - ScreenCrush
- 21 Reasons You Never Stop Rooting For Arya Stark - POPSUGAR
- 8 Reasons Not to Try the #KylieJennerChallenge - Mom.me
- ‘Daredevil’ Star Charlie Cox Talks Season 2, Black Widow, Bullseye and The Punisher Read More: 'Daredevil' Star Charlie Cox Talks MCU Crossover in Season 2 - Screen Crush
- Everything We Know About the Full House Reboot - Popsugar
- Montage of Heck and the Impossible Kurt Cobain - Vulture