'The Hunger Games' has found its two male leads. Josh Hutcherson, who's been campaigning for the role, will play teen combatant Peeta, while Liam Hemsworth was previously only penciled in as a possibility for Gale.
Lionsgate announced today in a release that Hutcherson ('The Kids Are All Right') and Hemsworth ('The Last Song') are confirmed for the roles in the hot new trilogy based on Suzanne Collins' best-selling book series.
They join Oscar-nominated Jennifer Lawrence, who'll play heroine Katniss Everdeen in the epic about a post-apocalyptic future in which one boy and one girl must fight to the death in an annual televised event called The Hunger Games.
Other names tossed around for these key male roles including rising stars Alex Pettyfer, Logan Lerman, Adam Butcher, Hunter Parrish, Lukas Till, Alexander Ludwig, Evan Peters and David Henrie.
Gary Ross ('Seabiscuit,' 'Pleasantville') will direct the film, which is scheduled for a March 23, 2012 release date.
[Via Entertainment Weekly]
- Bet You Didn't Know All These Actresses Have Famous Dads - POPSUGAR
- Famous People Before They Were Famous - Mom.me
- How to Handle Any Life Situation Like Ari Gold — in GIFs - POPSUGAR
- JENELLE EVANS WANTED BY POLICE FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTACKING NATHAN GRIFFITH - Wonderwall
- THE MOST BIZARRE JOB TITLES ON 'THE BACHELOR' AND 'THE BACHELORETTE' - Mandatory
- 30 New and Returning Shows to Watch This Summer - POPSUGAR
- 11 Celebs Who Married Athletes - Mom.me
- EMILIA CLARKE: I TURNED DOWN FIFTY SHADES OF GREY BECAUSE OF 'AMOUNT OF NUDITY' - Wonderwall
- Before Jurassic World, Revisit Why You Loved Chris Pratt in the First Place - Popsugar
- THE 'TOP GUN' CAST: THEN VS. NOW - Mandatory