'The Hunger Games' has found its two male leads. Josh Hutcherson, who's been campaigning for the role, will play teen combatant Peeta, while Liam Hemsworth was previously only penciled in as a possibility for Gale.
Lionsgate announced today in a release that Hutcherson ('The Kids Are All Right') and Hemsworth ('The Last Song') are confirmed for the roles in the hot new trilogy based on Suzanne Collins' best-selling book series.
They join Oscar-nominated Jennifer Lawrence, who'll play heroine Katniss Everdeen in the epic about a post-apocalyptic future in which one boy and one girl must fight to the death in an annual televised event called The Hunger Games.
Other names tossed around for these key male roles including rising stars Alex Pettyfer, Logan Lerman, Adam Butcher, Hunter Parrish, Lukas Till, Alexander Ludwig, Evan Peters and David Henrie.
Gary Ross ('Seabiscuit,' 'Pleasantville') will direct the film, which is scheduled for a March 23, 2012 release date.
[Via Entertainment Weekly]
- Hot Dads: Get Ready For Father's Day With the Cutest Film Fathers - Buzz Sugar
- The Top 5 Brett Lawrie Overreactions - Bleacher Report
- The Most Outrageous Twitter Photos of the Week - Radar
- This Is the Beginning: Where You've Seen This Is the End's Stars Together Before - Buzz Sugar
- The Ultimate Time Wasters for the Weekend - College Candy
- Celebrities Hiding From the Pararazzi - Hollywood
- Emmy Nomination Preview - HitFix
- Honest Trailer: 'The Last Airbender' - Screen Junkies
- Henry Cavill's Career in Pictures - The Hollywood Reporter
- Customer's Racist Rant at Dunkin' Donuts - Zap2it