'The Hunger Games' has found its two male leads. Josh Hutcherson, who's been campaigning for the role, will play teen combatant Peeta, while Liam Hemsworth was previously only penciled in as a possibility for Gale.
Lionsgate announced today in a release that Hutcherson ('The Kids Are All Right') and Hemsworth ('The Last Song') are confirmed for the roles in the hot new trilogy based on Suzanne Collins' best-selling book series.
They join Oscar-nominated Jennifer Lawrence, who'll play heroine Katniss Everdeen in the epic about a post-apocalyptic future in which one boy and one girl must fight to the death in an annual televised event called The Hunger Games.
Other names tossed around for these key male roles including rising stars Alex Pettyfer, Logan Lerman, Adam Butcher, Hunter Parrish, Lukas Till, Alexander Ludwig, Evan Peters and David Henrie.
Gary Ross ('Seabiscuit,' 'Pleasantville') will direct the film, which is scheduled for a March 23, 2012 release date.
[Via Entertainment Weekly]
- 30 Spooky Movie Couples - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ludicrous Villains That Were Terrible Horror Monsters - HitFix
- 'Cabin Fever' Is Going to be Remade - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Fight Club' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- Key and Peele Are Finally Making a Movie - Vulture
- Meet the Freaks of 'American Horror Story' - POPSUGAR
- The 11 Worst Batman Villains - Vulture
- 15 Pop-Culture Costumes That Take Very Little Effort - POPSUGAR
- 15 New Details About 'Interstellar' - Vulture
- Best Horror Movies Ever - Rotten Tomatoes